Posts: 60 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
I updated my N900 via PC suite and regretting it. The cell now has become unreliable. It reboots constantly, problem that many have had when the phone just came out and which I did not have. In addition, I lost some apps that I cannot find anymore, particularly, the Pixelpipe. I used that service a lot to share pics, more than anything as the N900 does not have MMS feature. I did/do have the fMMS installed but only for receiving pic messages....sending pics via fMMS is nonexistent. Also, flash does not work anymore...what the heck did I do?

I'm looking for another phone now for replacement and I checked out the new N8...builtwise, I like....nice solid feel, aluminum casing is good. I would definitely buy it but that "Made in China" is holding me back big time. I hate stuff made in China. I was going through GSMarena review of the phone the other day and I'm pretty sure I saw pic of the N8 that was labeled Made in Finland. Are there 2 versions of the cell made in 2 different places? If it's only made in China, the Samsung Galaxy S may be it for me....I may jumping ship for now......

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ROne21 View Post
I updated my N900 via PC suite and regretting it. The cell now has become unreliable. It reboots constantly, problem that many have had when the phone just came out and which I did not have. In addition, I lost some apps that I cannot find anymore, particularly, the Pixelpipe. I used that service a lot to share pics, more than anything as the N900 does not have MMS feature. I did/do have the fMMS installed but only for receiving pic messages....sending pics via fMMS is nonexistent. Also, flash does not work anymore...what the heck did I do?

I'm looking for another phone now for replacement and I checked out the new N8...builtwise, I like....nice solid feel, aluminum casing is good. I would definitely buy it but that "Made in China" is holding me back big time. I hate stuff made in China. I was going through GSMarena review of the phone the other day and I'm pretty sure I saw pic of the N8 that was labeled Made in Finland. Are there 2 versions of the cell made in 2 different places? If it's only made in China, the Samsung Galaxy S may be it for me....I may jumping ship for now......
In general, no one else is reporting this problem after upgrading, so have fun with your new phone!

dude,everything thing made in china,if u looking for made in finland or other then inside everything is from china,i think u should flash ur N900 to PR 1.2 version anytime from "tablet.dev.nokia.com"
Best of luck for Non-china made device

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
u can send pics with FMMS !!

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Try reflashing, both your root and eMMC.
If that fails, then sorry I don't know what your problem is; PR1.3 has given me nothing but improvements.

Edit: Also, dude this is not the iPhone, if you feel unhappy with an update just downgrade. Easy.

Last edited by jd4200; 2010-10-29 at 01:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
Downgrade to 1.2 if you are having a problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to canabal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
Just downgrade. 1.3 has made Maemo 5 alot more finished, and if this is how we had to end the Maemo run, then its not so bad. Not perfect by any means, but better than alot of the cookie cutter phones on the market today.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to optimistprime For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chicago
thanks to those who gave suggestions....I just need to find out how to reflash the device now.

as far as everything is made in China, yup, sad.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
These Nokia devices are DESIGNED in Finland and made elsewhere. The N900 is assembled in South Korea. The current locations that make the N8 are China, Hong Kong and French Guiana. Most electronic components including the battery in your device are made in China, sorry there's just no way around it.
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

Posts: 511 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Trinidad and Tobago
Wait you can downgrade??? I thought this was not possible with this OS :S

I miss my N900
Hello DELL Venue Pro Mango
Listen to my music >>> www.reverbnation.com/rrule

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO