Posts: 49 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berlin/Germany
Hi,

every so often, multiple times a day, my phone asks me to reenter the PIN for my SIM.
I checked if the SIM is put in correctly and it's not loose.
Anyone else experiencing this? This is a real turn-off for my experience.

v2

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by v2px View Post
Hi,

every so often, multiple times a day, my phone asks me to reenter the PIN for my SIM.
I checked if the SIM is put in correctly and it's not loose.
Anyone else experiencing this? This is a real turn-off for my experience.

v2
That happened to me all the time with my N9, as I had a selfmade-cut-from-larger-simcard microsim.
It was so bad I could not get it to work in any device after some time.
When I got my Jolla I ordered a real microsim and have had no problem with it ever after that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ finland
Don't have this problem. Have u tried cleaning the metal contacts on your sim? Don't know if that helps anything tho :P

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Tampere, Finland
I had this problem too. And with a bit of trial and error found out that the reason for me was that the back cover sometimes pressed on the sim card.

You can also simulate this after removing the back cover by applying a tiny force on the top/top-left of the sim card slot while the device is running. This will cause the phone to lose the connection to the sim card. Maybe someone with a more knowledge about the sim card slot can tell us why this is happening?

My fix, or workaround, to this issue was to force a very tiny piece of paper under the sim card to the top left corner of the sim card slot. I used a tooth pick to force the paper into a correct position.