Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Edit: The last pic of you is horrible.
I know. Had it been for the competition, I would have tried harder. A better camera (this one was taken with a Jolla, which, as we know, is rubbish at low light), more experimentation with the camera position... But as it was too late for the competition, I just took a quick snap to show off the shadow.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Spfoos picture is fixed.

#13 mosen
You nearly got me: BEER!
But than I realized. the foam doesn't really looks like beer and the colour is quite bright. That must be something different. Is it a Radler?
Good picture, But the May topic for me is not obvious, even if there is a lot light and shadows.
8/10
You absolutely passed the test
I only had 1 0,5L Helles left and mixed it with homemade lemonade to stretch it over the evening.
How could i try fool you...?!?

Now that we have Radler in game let me explain for the others. A common urban legend is the term Radler being formed in 1922 when Xaver Kugler at his tourist attracting Kugler Alm was faced with an enormous amount of guests and feared to run out of beer. He is said to have come up to advertise the lemonade mix as Radler. (meaning cyclist/biker, as most of the guest came by bike). Considering Alms where not supplied daily but week or even monthly back then, it makes kind of sense that this was not a days event but went over for some time thus the term had a chance to spread.

My vote goes to #5 Pentona.
I really like the sun flare not killing the nicely crisp details. This shot was really hard for the camera and the photographer imo.
Praising the XA2 a bit more, since i got it i finally put the Nokia N8 to rest.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Now that we have Radler in game let me explain for the others. A common urban legend is the term Radler being formed in 1922 when Xaver Kugler at his tourist attracting Kugler Alm was faced with an enormous amount of guests and feared to run out of beer. He is said to have come up to advertise the lemonade mix as Radler. (meaning cyclist/biker, as most of the guest came by bike). Considering Alms where not supplied daily but week or even monthly back then, it makes kind of sense that this was not a days event but went over for some time thus the term had a chance to spread.

Never heard that story, well never heard any story, where the name comes from. Thanx for sharing it!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine

Never heard that story, well never heard any story, where the name comes from. Thanx for sharing it!
Frankly, i garnished my half knowledge about the Kugler Alm story with the 1922 detail from wikipedia and learned myself it is called shandy when mixed with ginger ale in english

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
#10 catbus

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Mödling
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Now that we have Radler in game let me explain for the others.
When I discovered Bintang Radler in Bali I tried to explain the meaning of it to our driver and why a drink is called like this. I'm not sure he got my story...

Anyway, my vote goes to

#2 DDArk

BTW: my pic was shot with Xperia X not n900

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fooxl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Pentona. Beautiful shot.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
This is so hard. To make one choice of so many great pics. But 2 of them made me thirsty so I'll give the power to my Pavlovian nature : #8 Fellfrosch

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to spfoo For This Useful Post:
#12 spfoo
Your pic looks on the first glimpse like a copy of catbus' pic. But yours is real art.
BUT: This is not R2D2
It's a R2D2-styled wall lamp which has 2 leds. One points up and the other forward. It doesn't stand on it's own so I'm supporting it with my hand and tilting it to get the front light beam on the soldier. I used a flashlight to give more light on the front of the R2D2 lamp. My other hand holds the N9 to take the shot.

I did some earlier trys a couple of days ago and gave up because it seemed absolutely impossible to get a good shot and light up both objects somehow with a similar ambiance. Just before the submission time ended I thought let's try this one last time. The one I submitted is "the one last time".

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to spfoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 458 times | Joined on Oct 2017 @ Finland
My vote goes for #3 fooxl

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pentona For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition