Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Germany
ok...f**k...
i have the latest firmware and the ovi store tell me i must upgrade @application manager and that don't work.
i think this sucks...

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by DonJRG View Post
ok...f**k...
i have the latest firmware and the ovi store tell me i must upgrade @application manager and that don't work.
i think this sucks...
Try doing (in X Terminal):
Code:
mv /home/user/.mozilla/microb /home/user/.mozilla/microb.old
Then reboot and see whether that's fixed it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Germany
YOU ARE MY PERSONAL HERO TODAY !!!

thanks =)

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by DonJRG View Post
YOU ARE MY PERSONAL HERO TODAY !!!

thanks =)
Glad that's fixed it You can clear up the old directory now by running:
Code:
rm -rf /home/user/.mozilla/microb.old
And please do use the "Thanks" link under any message you've found useful - it lets the poster (and everyone else) know their post has been appreciated.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Code:
I've the exact same problem. But the suggested fix did not work for me. Microb didn't start anymore. Any more ideas how to fix this?

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Earth
Was having problems with Ovistore in MicroB.

At this end i hit REMOVE from within the 'hide user agent' application options within settings and bingo, Ovi store now works.

Well, Ovi store now loads in the browser but some internal server error on the Ovi site seems to exist ffs (site still down after updating ??).

Kind've sorted & cheers.

N900 - Use, Master, Appreciate.

Last edited by Astute; 2010-04-02 at 08:58.

Yeah Ovi Store now works for me, as in it loads and shows the apps - but if I try to download I get an "internal server error".

Posts: 112 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on May 2010 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by jonin60seconds View Post
Hi All

hope this hasn't been asked already but I have search high and low and I've not seen any mention of this issue anywhere else.

Since I've done my last firmware upgrade (I'm UK based), I can't access the Ovi store from the N900. It simply says 'Upgrade your Nokia N900 to enter Ovi Store'. And then gives instructions. Of course I have done tried that but there is no update available and I know I am on the latest version for the firmware. The version stated in 'about product' is: 3.2010.02-8

Any ideas what I can try to overcome this? Is flashing the only way? Bit weary of flashing as I lost all my contacts last time I did that!

Thanks in advance and I'll try 'give some back' by answering any questions I can

OMG i have the same problem!! Then i followed the instructions posted on page 2, i.e this:

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Code:

and now my MicroB browser doesn't start at all!! Well it does start but it shows a black screen and closes after 3 secs.......the OVI store doesn't work either, it doesn't open up anymore......

somebody plz help??? I dun wanna reflash coz i installed tons of stuff already.....

Originally Posted by chaoscreater View Post
OMG i have the same problem!! Then i followed the instructions posted on page 2, i.e this:

and now my MicroB browser doesn't start at all!! Well it does start but it shows a black screen and closes after 3 secs.......the OVI store doesn't work either, it doesn't open up anymore......

somebody plz help??? I dun wanna reflash coz i installed tons of stuff already.....
I am stuck with this problem aswel.

The terminal command mentioned above just renames my microb folder to microb.old, which it should do, but when i start microb next, it does not create a new microb folder, so microb will not run.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mboro - UK
search app manager for hide and install the hide user agent. then click the remov button in hide user agent (in phone settings) worth a try, worked for me anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to Keir For This Useful Post: