Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by frethop View Post
Nothing here. Even with forced updates of extras-devel... No carman
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...diablo/free/c/

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
It is not visible in Application Manager because the category is not of the form user/...
But there are other means ...

Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
It is not visible in Application Manager because the category is not of the form user/...
But there are other means ...
Ah, that triggered something in the mush that passes for my brain lately: I was in Red pill mode when Carman appeared...

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

The Following User Says Thank You to deeteroderdas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ It's dark in here. I hear laughing.
Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
Ah, that triggered something in the mush that passes for my brain lately: I was in Red pill mode when Carman appeared...
That helped! Thanks.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Please don't use Red Pill. Install the appropriate packages with apt-get or wait for the real release.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Please don't use Red Pill. Install the appropriate packages with apt-get or wait for the real release.
Thanks for the warning, but I'm a big boy. I'm perfectly aware of the risks associated with Red Pill, and accept them.

I also love to compile my own kernels, and enjoy reflashing Linksys and Asus routers with OpenWRT, DD-WRT, etc.

However, I do understand (I think) at least the intent of your warning was to minimize "newbs" exposure to the hard edge of Application Manager...

Thanks for the warning, but I'm a big boy. I'm perfectly aware of the risks associated with Red Pill, and accept them.

I also love to compile my own kernels, and enjoy reflashing Linksys and Asus routers with OpenWRT, DD-WRT, etc.

However, I do understand (I think) at least the intent of your warning was to minimize "newbs" exposure to the hard edge of Application Manager...
Using App. Mgr. is like soldering with boxing gloves and a soldering iron.
Using App. Mgr. in red-pill is like soldering with boxing gloves and a light saber.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Using App. Mgr. is like soldering with boxing gloves and a soldering iron.
Using App. Mgr. in red-pill is like soldering with boxing gloves and a light saber.
That's funny!

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
someone need to get real apt gui going on maemo then as having to use apt-get on this small a screen becomes bothersome in the long run, even with a proper keyboard...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Good for you, but Red Pill is still a bad plan in Application manager. If you really know what you're doing, then you should just use apt-get.

In a thread filled with eager users wanting to get ahold of a cool new application, dropping Red Pill as the secret answer to get that application is a bad plan.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:

Tags
carman