Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Originally Posted by mornage View Post
yeah, as panjgoori said above N14 is not stable and nor is it likely to be in the near future. Stick with N12 (although you can try the updated 2.3.7 version) as it's most stable.

If disabling pin lock in Maemo hasn't fixed airplane mode (I presume you have tried to disable airplane mode after pin lock was disabled) try un tarring the archive again.

If however, you have a connection to your network (can receive text messages) but no 3G, you'll just need to add the APN settings.
this, I don't have airplane mode stuck, it seems to me as if it has no APN seetings, since I can connect to wifi.

now... how do I configure these APN settings? when I enter it shows 3 available cellphone providers in my country, I choose the one I have and it says settings updated, but still no connection, if I enter on access point name, it's completely empty and I have no clue how to create one =/

Posts: 478 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by HigeRoman View Post
this, I don't have airplane mode stuck, it seems to me as if it has no APN seetings, since I can connect to wifi.

now... how do I configure these APN settings? when I enter it shows 3 available cellphone providers in my country, I choose the one I have and it says settings updated, but still no connection, if I enter on access point name, it's completely empty and I have no clue how to create one =/
When into APN settings, use the lock switch to open the menu, you will then be able to add your APN settings.

You'll probably need a google search to find the correct settings for your network and you may have to play around a bit to get it to work, for example, with T-mobile UK you would normally need a user name and password, however on NITDroid it wont work if this is added.

Don't forget the thanks button if I helped you

The Following User Says Thank You to mornage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post
I tried the autoinstaller beta3 and it worked perfectly! Nitdroid also woked prety good. But, when I exited from nitdroid and try to boot to maemo...maemo doesn't boot. Then a dead loop and so I must reflash the phone.

any suggestions?

note: I used leafpad to change int-card to mmcblk0p2.
It looks like either the multiboot menu item is incorrect or the kernel is not in the correct place (/root/multiboot (IIRC)). If you can still get into NITDroid, you may be able to check this with terminal or even with a file viewer.

You really didn't need to change the menu item like you did for Maemo as this is created automatically and should work. I'm thinking there may be a typo in the line you changed maybe!?

When into APN settings, use the lock switch to open the menu, you will then be able to add your APN settings.

You'll probably need a google search to find the correct settings for your network and you may have to play around a bit to get it to work, for example, with T-mobile UK you would normally need a user name and password, however on NITDroid it wont work if this is added.
thanks a lot! I got around it!

It looks like either the multiboot menu item is incorrect or the kernel is not in the correct place (/root/multiboot (IIRC)). If you can still get into NITDroid, you may be able to check this with terminal or even with a file viewer.

You really didn't need to change the menu item like you did for Maemo as this is created automatically and should work. I'm thinking there may be a typo in the line you changed maybe!?
No I can't get into nitdroid again. Once I exited from nitdroid I can't boot into any OS.

Concerning the multiboot and kernel : shouldn't the autoinstaller do everything by itself?

No, it's not a typo since when int-card was written I couldn't load nitdroid but when I changed it into mmcblk0p2 it worked.

any ideas?

Originally Posted by Virtuality View Post
No I can't get into nitdroid again. Once I exited from nitdroid I can't boot into any OS.

Concerning the multiboot and kernel : shouldn't the autoinstaller do everything by itself?

No, it's not a typo since when int-card was written I couldn't load nitdroid but when I changed it into mmcblk0p2 it worked.

any ideas?
EDIT: is the charger connected when you are booting? There used to be some issues with multiboot where it wouldn't boot correctly when charging. It should have been fixed but it's worth disconnecting from your charger if Maemo isn't booting.

If you can't boot any OS, you are going to need a re-flash. How did you install, SD card or eMMC? If you used the SD card, your mulitboot item for NITDroid would be mmcblk1px if it's eMMC then is should be mmcblk0p5.

The auto installer will create the correct items for Maemo which do not need to be changed.

EDIT: is the charger connected when you are booting? There used to be some issues with multiboot where it wouldn't boot correctly when charging. It should have been fixed but it's worth disconnecting from your charger if Maemo isn't booting.

If you can't boot any OS, you are going to need a re-flash. How did you install, SD card or eMMC? If you used the SD card, your mulitboot item for NITDroid would be mmcblk1px if it's eMMC then is should be mmcblk0p5.

The auto installer will create the correct items for Maemo which do not need to be changed.
No the charger isn't connected while booting.
I did a reflash to my phone.

I have the internal memory eMMC..but I used to enter mmcblk0p2!! Is mmcblk0p2 wrong? I read it before in this thread and I used it..

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
hi every body i know a few things on my n900 and i installed nitdroid gingerbread on it but how can i see what version i have installed
and can i explore my files "MyDocs" finaly how can i install applications/games/and other.... hope i find the answers.thanks

you can just install them via android market. create a google account and in settings add that google account. then go to the market. download apps. it installs automatically. remember you will need a wifi connection or 3g

hit thanks if i could help.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mohammed Muid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
i forget.when i want to change from maemo to gingerbread i need
to reebot several times so i can choose between them isnt there a fix for that.
thanks

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid