Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by elemental View Post
I have put Fremantle version of EmuMaster 0.2.0 in bitbucket project page, you can download it now. But PSX emulation is not working at all. All I can say now that backporting to Fremantle from Harmattan is pain and I am not going to waste more time on Fremantle version for now, sorry. Instead I will improve Harmattan version to be the best and maybe (very little chance it will happen) I will backport it again. It is even worse now when I switched to next version of Qt Quick Components.

It would be great if somebody will take care of backporting to N900, because I have no time for that really. I can provide diffs to help you.

You have to install Qt Quick Components on your N900 to use it. Please do not ask me how to do that, I mean N900 version is not supported by me, because of lack of time, and I would not help anyone asking about some problems connected to it, sorry
This is a completely functional GBA, SNES, Megadrive and Amiga emulator with a few problems that seem like they could be easily corrected. Right now the fonts aren't visible in the options menu making it hard to configure correctly. That being said, the games do run and they run great.

Elemental doesn't have time to work on this version since he's too busy with the Harmattan version. Does anyone want to take over the fremantle version?

The emulator is here.
https://bitbucket.org/elemental/emumaster/wiki

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
It's sad that backporting from Harmatan could be so discouraging.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
It's sad that backporting from Harmatan could be so discouraging.
Yeah. Personally I wouldn't mind just having this version fixed. The games I tried ran pretty well but it's just a pain not knowing how to configure the keys and other settings.

Tested it for 5 minutes, the GUI seems not totally broken but unusable (white text on white background)

file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/org/maemo/fremantle/AbstractMenu.qml:196:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-inverted-background

Looks like a missing image (not present in maemo), seems very easy to fix.
Megadrive emulation doesn't take 100% cpu like in pico maemo version

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megaltariak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
Tested it for 5 minutes, the GUI seems not totally broken but unusable (white text on white background)

file:///usr/lib/qt4/imports/org/maemo/fremantle/AbstractMenu.qml:196:9: QML BorderImage: Failed to get image from provider: image://theme/meegotouch-menu-inverted-background

Looks like a missing image (not present in maemo), seems very easy to fix.
Megadrive emulation doesn't take 100% cpu like in pico maemo version
That does seem simple. Maybe a workaround for now would be for someone with an N9 to help us N900 only users by posting a screenshot of the options screen.

Would 24 bit N9 vs 16 N900 explain this? If only thing lacking is white-on-white this should be an easy fix
Qt/QML compilation on device is rather impossible considering the amount of libs, so someone with SB would be better to recompile (unless Qt gui can be skipped altogether for emulation alone from command line)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
This link is useful to configure the keys.

https://bitbucket.org/elemental/emumaster/wiki/Keyboard

Still, would be nice to know what all the other options do.

If anyone wants to help with Fremantle version I can provide diffs, making the work simpler in the next release. I can provide some info if you can't do something, it's a big project after all. But I have no time to manage it for Fremantle by myself. In the next release I am switching to the next version of QtQuick Components, making it even harder, but still possible.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elemental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
This morning I did some qtmobility updates (and perhaps some other updates).
Now I notice the Emumaster menu just looks totally usable. I can redefine keys etc. without any visual defects.

Do others have the same experience? If not maybe I can give some hints on what packages to install.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: