I'm on 1.2 and been waiting on an app for SMSing via google voice - I was surprised to find out this morning i started receiving SMS's via google voice on my phone in messaging.

I maybe a complete noob and qgvdial or whatever that app is never lets me login - only previous option I had was via the web book mark.

I don't recall this being there before.
I've confirmed via replies to the people texting me that it's indeed my gv number.

Hi! How are you logged in to your GV account? via SIP? qgvdial never worked for me as well- im done trying ot make it work.

If this is true, it's good news indeed, but I need to know how you set it up (GV account, NOT qgvdial) in your N9.

Originally Posted by BlinkThinks View Post
Hi! How are you logged in to your GV account? via SIP? qgvdial never worked for me as well- im done trying ot make it work.

If this is true, it's good news indeed, but I need to know how you set it up (GV account, NOT qgvdial) in your N9.
That's the thing - I'm not logged into the GV account. I've got gmail (default mail) gtalk - exchange (Google) for Contacts & Calender only.

So that's the mystery!

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
What the?

10char

Wow... Something must be off (in your testing)... Maybe you are forwarding SMS to your phone # from google voice? I would love for this to be true and would totally be all over it if we can get that kind of functionality.

Currently I get google voice SMS via instant email delivery on my gmail account. You can reply to that email and it will send the SMS back properly to the sender. And now with threaded Email in PR1.2 it sort of does the job, but direct integration in Messaging would be best

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Sorry for the thread hijack, but I am the developer of qgvdial and I'd like to help with the login issues if you're interested.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

The Following User Says Thank You to uvatbc For This Useful Post:
Heres some SS that show that... well I'm not sure what they show I replied via the messages app and you can see that the GV shows clearly replied via the GV account

Obviously a friend and I were discussing deep topics at the time, and you can see I asked and was surprised via the answer.
I have my GV set up to email me SMSs and VM.

Of course please help me login - frankly I've been a GV user since beta (is it even out of BETA?) and I feel like the login is self explanatory. But please tell me what I can do differently.

Just did a simple test.on my phone, sent a text to my gv number and received it in messages.

I guess its seeing the email and recognizing its a sms?

Eitjer intended or not its great!

The Following User Says Thank You to kheavy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by kheavy View Post
Of course please help me login - frankly I've been a GV user since beta (is it even out of BETA?) and I feel like the login is self explanatory. But please tell me what I can do differently.
I see you're using an n9. Please download and install the Harmattan armel deb.

Login and then after the login fail, please expand the Logs and click the send logs button.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

That looks exactly the same as mine, I just have sms forwarding enabled in my GV account. Meaning that GV is forwarding SMS to your Tmobile phone number. It usually seems to work quite well for me, except for the occasional minute or two delay.