Active Topics

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
What about changing the priority on the processes?
http://www.nixtutor.com/linux/changi...nux-processes/

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Mumai,India
By using HTOP,I think I might be able to do that.Lets hope it works.......

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Did you use osso-mediaplayer as the mplayer backend? If not, mplayer is doing all the work on the CPU.

Posts: 70 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Mumai,India
How do I change the backend?
I do that in KMplayer,if thats what you are saying......but in Mplayer I dont know how to do that in mplayer....

i think the point is if the hardware is capable of doing this smoothly, why cant maemo/meego? it *is* a real pain in the *** not being able to drag movies over to watch as most of the stuff i watch now is 720p. a real shame on meego/N9
video out to a tv shouldnt even bother with scaling, just decode. but its not like that. why?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia
Im use PR1.3 and want to play .flv files but i cant. media player not supported. I have install decoder support v0.4 and my video just 360p. Can anyone help me? if i use Mplayer, when the video play, voice and subtitle is incorrect.
Please Help Me

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Keferen View Post
video out to a tv shouldnt even bother with scaling, just decode. but its not like that. why?
Well that's the annoying this with this.. how do you call them, STANDARDS!

If you use TV out you are sending an ANALOG signal, which can be in one of PAL or NTSC. The N900 has to (1) decode the video from whatever digital format it has been encoded (e.g. H264, whatever) and (2) encode it so as to comply with the chosen standard (PAL/NTSC).

Otherwise your TV won't show anything (meaningful), or will even blow up. Who knows.