Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
Hey guys,

Wanted to ask does anyone know a good N9 car holder? Want to use my N9 as GPS.

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
Nokia n8 holder fits perfectly: http://mbrett.files.wordpress.com/20...6102010010.jpg
That looks good. It's official nokia kit isn't it?

And I found this full kit what do you think?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
I would not use anything other than Brodit, they often have something for even obscure makers/models. I have their active holder for my N900, and it rocks instead of having unreliable sucker mounts obstructing the windscreen. It's even CNC'd from massive aluminum!

Please be aware that each mount consists of two parts: the ProClip base and the mobile-specific active (with charging) or passive (without) cradle. ProClips are car-specific and available for more than one (non-destructive, so no screws) mount-point.

Besides that, you can re-use the ProClip base if you change your mobile - just swap the cradle.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2013-02-04 at 09:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Yes, there is a perfect holder from Brodit with charging cable and one without. Bothe fit very well and with the gum protection. The only issues I had with the Brodit charger model is that GPS quality was down due to the charging cable...No clue why but it was reproducable with a second holder...

The Following User Says Thank You to zappAtom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
make it simple, take a velcro fastener.

Brodit looks really good actually but very restricted I guess that's why it would hold so well. I need something something that I would move a bit

The Following User Says Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
I used to have CR-122 (N8 holder) which is excellent for N9 with body protector. After the ball pivot got stuck I changed to CR-123 which is also excellent. Actually CR-123 has one superior feature over CR-122: you can easily adjust it so that the back camera does not get covered. This allows you to use car video surveillance apps like Camdrive.

The Following User Says Thank You to tplastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
That looks good. It's official nokia kit isn't it?

And I found this full kit what do you think?
Yes, picture I posted states Nokia OEM mount. I have it and I am happy with it. However, few notes: sucktion to windscreen works perfectly, sucktion to dashboard does not hold strong enough. Also you should add drop of contact glue between holder and its leg as otherwise you can only rotate phone in the holder to only one direction.

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
A vote for the cr-122 from here, too. Very good holder. The suction cup mounting isn't ever very good so I ordered the ProClip for my car from brodit and bolted the holder to that. This way it's in perfect reach.

Cr-123 is very good also but I couldn't do this with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to slarti For This Useful Post: