Active Topics

hey guys,

as you all know Nokia cooked up a quick version of Nokia transport for the N9 but it mostly supports countries in the USA and and a few in Europe :/ ( and used as lab rats to test it :3 )

lately in the new updates it now supports way more countries and cities including mine (Australia) so i was wondering, is it some how possible or if there is any possible and easy way to make it work with all the new cities and countries that have been added ?

I also contacted nokia on twitter asking them about this but these guys were no help

Last edited by EgyptRocks265; 2013-05-06 at 14:10.

I woudn't hold my breath for ANY kind of response from Nokia. I purchased an app from the Ovi store awhile back and I'm not able to download it. I keep on getting a "download failed" error. I sent them a ticket requesting help and I haven't heard a peep from them and it's been over 2 weeks.
In regards to Public Transit, if there is an easy way to add those new countries & cities don't expect them to do it or even acknowledge your emails asking about it. It seems that they have been told to completely ignore the N9/50 and to not respond to customers who have questions or problems.
Really poor customer service from Nokia. They truly deserve to go into the dustbin of history along with their atrocious Lumia trash.

SB

Last edited by snowboarder; 2013-05-09 at 18:25.

Originally Posted by snowboarder View Post
I woudn't hold my breath for ANY kind of response from Nokia. I purchased an app from the Ovi store awhile back and I'm not able to download it. I keep on getting a "download failed" error. I sent them a ticket requesting help and I haven't heard a peep from them and it's been over 2 weeks.
SB
Surprise, surprise!! After two weeks I was finally able to download the app a few minutes ago.
I don't know if customer service dealt with it or not but until now I still haven't received an acknowledgment of my email or a response.

SB

see if you can find the maps, in an install file for app or as a web link. then try comparing the files with the ones you already have. if they're similar it *might* work. they need to be usable/understandable but the app also needs to look for them, it may be hard coded to certain regions. with no n9 i can't try it for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
see if you can find the maps, in an install file for app or as a web link. then try comparing the files with the ones you already have. if they're similar it *might* work. they need to be usable/understandable but the app also needs to look for them, it may be hard coded to certain regions. with no n9 i can't try it for you.

i'm ready to give it a go i don't have much knowledge in this area "yet"
but if you can help i'm ready to try as i will not be getting rid of my n9 anytime soon i've only had the fella for 5 month having transport for Sydney with me would be a great help though

Tags
meego, nokia, transport, update