Active Topics

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by shahboom View Post
Hi All, Greetings!!

I am a newbie and I like to share my view over this update. I have installed this update through PC and installed CSSU too. I have problems installing Catorise.. Is there anyone who had the same problem and got it resolved. please see my log below from XTERM. I understand Catorise is still in Extras-Devel repository. But its really a must app...

apt-get install catorise
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
catorise is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up catorise (0.9.0) ...
Can't locate Locale/gettext.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/catorise/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.3 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.3 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /opt/catorise/catorise line 12.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/catorise/catorise line 12.
dpkg: error processing catorise (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
catorise
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
That should be in liblocale-gettext-perl - try doing "apt-get install liblocale-gettext-perl" (though I think that should be part of the standard install).

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Hi, all!

As far as I know PR 1.3.1 is really just a security update imposed by the Diginotar breach. It removes the compromised DigiNotar root CA and more importantly adds blacklisting for the intermediate signing certificates of DigiNotar based on other CAs.

However, the CSSU included the same fixes already in September. I think it was a decent move from Nokia to provide this update but at this time and age the CSSU just is better. The latest CSSU update includes a couple of new blacklisted certificates owned and misused by the agricultural ministry of Malesia (Digisign*Enrich), strictly following Mozilla.

CSSU is compatible with both PR 1.3 and 1.3.1. AFAIK no more upgrades coming from Nokia so I heartly recommend enabling CSSU.

JuM

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Houston
For me this update broke my mfe . And now I am forced to flash back to the older version .

Tags
maemo, update