Posts: 88 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Spain
Its possible CSSU Thumbs in main rootfs and another Maemo CSSU Stable on another partition with uboot?? i cant find another about that..

The Following User Says Thank You to xiskillo For This Useful Post:
Thanks, i flashed it now and am currently installing the power kernel. Now i wanted to install cssu thumb directly, but it installed cssu testing.
perhaps because i forgot to add extras repo.

do we need to use mirrors of nokia/ovi too?

Okay, so I guess because I have power kernel, uname -a won't show me the cssu thumb kernel.
But why do I not see the thumb thing in Settings->Community SSU?
If i want to install cssu thumb, it only says community-ssu-enabler already installed.

Last edited by SnowSky; 2015-08-10 at 23:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to SnowSky For This Useful Post:
check installed packages via terminal with "dpkg -l | more" and look at version info. if you have some with thumb in, you on thumb.

About CSSU in settings should only show flavour as testing. The listed version might be Tmaemo11 which is because we haven't had a thumb version of 11 yet. All it means is that some packages will be updated to thumb variants again when available.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
check installed packages via terminal with "dpkg -l | more" and look at version info. if you have some with thumb in, you on thumb.

About CSSU in settings should only show flavour as testing. The listed version might be Tmaemo11 which is because we haven't had a thumb version of 11 yet. All it means is that some packages will be updated to thumb variants again when available.
Thanks for your help, I have greped it with thumb and have seen multiple thumb0 and thumb1 .

Only thing that makes me sad - I had hope in flashing, that my ring ring would become faster, but nothing changed there. (I thought I made a mess, with all the testing and devel apps)

The Following User Says Thank You to SnowSky For This Useful Post:
you could try using swappolube in combination with swap on sd. might help a bit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
you could try using swappolube in combination with swap on sd. might help a bit.
my sd card is I guess a class 2 card (there is no sign on it).

But actually I overclocked it to min 250 max 900.
It is stable (am currently installing lot of little apps), and running them pretty fast.

I mean, it still takes its time for example for the HAM-Hog, and browsing websites, but now I can live with it. Before it was possible that I had to wait 5 minutes and more for a page to get up (but to be honest, that website is even shitty for desktops partially!).
And I was not capable to do anything in the meantime.

Now I can interact with the page and do other things while the page is loading.
The feeling of a reacting button can be so much worth! Before, I often wanted to close the browser, but then I had to wait a minute for the button to change its color, and then another minute for the watchdog, and another minute to have it effectively closed.

Especially at work (my capo is one of those who can't wait even a sec if he doesn't have anything to do) I always became nervous starring at my phone waiting for it to load the data we are waiting for.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnowSky For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
New update (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo11+thumb0) is out, enjoy

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
New update (21.2011.38-1Tmaemo11+thumb0) is out, enjoy
And installed!
Everything went well.

Thanks to all.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Install went fine. No noticable issues atm.

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
i am on stable

Tags
code size, dinosaurs, fmg ftw!, fmg.da.king, performance, thumb, thumb life