Active Topics

how cna I remove the ambiences from top menu?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
how cna I remove the ambiences from top menu?
Settings -> Top menu -> Show ambiences in top menu

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Jolla1 updated without hitch
Jolla Tablet updated without a hitch
Jollafied Intex Auqa Fish only worked from shell

Intex Aquafish shows now another update of around 1MB but i can not update it cause Phone suddenly tells me System Data only had 471 MB free.

Noob question: What is safe to delete? Where are the updates stored?

As normal user i do not know what all the fuss for Sailfish3 big update is about.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hemiwi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
Intex Aquafish shows now another update of around 1MB but i can not update it cause Phone suddenly tells me System Data only had 471 MB free.

Noob question: What is safe to delete? Where are the updates stored?
Just deinstall one/two (bigger) Sailfish -not Android- applications (e.g. PureMaps and/or OSM scout modules) and you are good to go. Updage amd reinstall the applications.

Helpful (from TJC)m
Code:
###Jolla check repo system data

#devel-su
rpm -qa --queryformat '%{SIZE}\t %{NAME}-%{version}\n' > /home/nemo/Documents/pkgs.txt

ssu lr > /home/nemo/Documents/repo-setup.txt

devel-su du -x -a / > /home/nemo/Documents/filelist.txt
where the first command piped to sort -n will give you a list of packages sorted by size:
rpm -qa --queryformat '%{SIZE}\t %{NAME}-%{version}\n' | sort -n

btw: I am already down 202 MB free

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Boston
Correct me if I am wrong, but now on the overview menu when you tap a space without an app, a quick show of the four top apps appears with enough time to select. That seems to me to be a new feature that was not mentioned, or was that in a previous update?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marxistvegan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxistvegan View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but now on the overview menu when you tap a space without an app, a quick show of the four top apps appears with enough time to select. That seems to me to be a new feature that was not mentioned, or was that in a previous update?
That's been there for ages. At least since 1.9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Boston
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That's been there for ages. At least since 1.9.
See i thought it was a feature that only existed when you had no apps open on the overview screen.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxistvegan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxistvegan View Post
See i thought it was a feature that only existed when you had no apps open on the overview screen.
Yes, I think you are right. Sorry.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Guys, whats happening? help me!
Either this is a somewhat improbable coincidence or Jolla made a special feature to use the FP-Reader solely for convenience, as i kind of requested (at least i wrote about my usecase to not use the reader for security but for convenience only).
So, they touched the fingerprint reader inconvenience.
But instead of completely fixing the issue, they only slightly bettered the situation for users relying on the "security" aspect of FP-Unlock. For my (insecure) convenience, all is awesomely perfect right now.
Let me explain:

The issue was one having to press the power-button first to bring up lockscreen, then lift up the finger and tab/hold it again on the sensor to have it read and unlock.
Jollas "solution", introduce mce-tool setting that does not need the button to be pressed to activate the scanner/lockscreen but "only" tab on the sensor, then lift up and (~ONE SECOND LATER, when the lockscreen has fully loaded) tab again.
Code:
mcetool --set-fingerprint-wakeup-mode=always
So when using a pin code, not much has changed as you still have a two tap process, now with much longer wait between the actions instead of the need to actually click the first time.
Spiiroin hints in the tjc thread it might be a limitation in Xperia X hardware and not be solveable into a on action process with jollas means(?).

Now, i do not know if jolla has planned the following, but if you have registered fingerprints and activate the mce-tools setting above but disable pin code in settings, there is my requested feature to unlock to homescreen/last app by simply touching the sensor once, bypassing the lockscreen

Could somebody confirm?
Is it only my phone that entered this state?
1. register a fingerprint in settings (if not done)
2. mcetool --set-fingerprint-wakeup-mode=always (or =proximity)
3. deactivate unlock pincode (if not already)
4. check if phone fully unlocks by only touching the sensor (still not reliable regarding pressure and targeting and works best without case attached tho)
Thx

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
The most annoying bug for me is still there. Backspace inserts last written word instead of backspacing. Also a lot of the times I want to insert a word somewhere within written text, the keyboard disappears when I move the cursor to where I want it. I often end up just deleting everything and writing the whole sentence over again. This mostly happens in search boxes when I want to add a word to the search.

Oh, and bluetooth still sucks for me.

Glad they are still updating though, just wish they would fix these usability issues soon.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hagiz For This Useful Post: