Poll: What are you looking for now from Nokia (multiple choice)?
Poll Options
What are you looking for now from Nokia (multiple choice)?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
As has been mentioned numerous times and driven home by one poster very recently, consumer retention is the single biggest part of it.
s/poster/consumer/g

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
This is a rather odd and "roadmap" heavy list of choices. My vote is not on the list.

Nokia should ensure that there is ready availability of high quality, well documented applications for the platform. They should utilize the open source community but not expect it to compensate for the failure of Nokia to fill in the gaps of the apps available.

The Following User Says Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
This is a rather odd and "roadmap" heavy list of choices. My vote is not on the list.

Nokia should ensure that there is ready availability of high quality, well documented applications for the platform. They should utilize the open source community but not expect it to compensate for the failure of Nokia to fill in the gaps of the apps available.
As has been addressed, there was a rationale behind the "odd" list. Mainly, it tied into my proposed presentation.

Personally I think it's fairly representative and in fact the voting so far bears that out. FYI, there are 4 roadmap options due to the need to distinguish between very different scenarios.

That said, I was limited to 10 options (I could have easily gone to 12) and have no problem whatosever with how big the "Other" bucket gets.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
As has been addressed, there was a rationale behind the "odd" list. Mainly, it tied into my proposed presentation.

Personally I think it's fairly representative and in fact the voting so far bears that out. FYI, there are 4 roadmap options due to the need to distinguish between very different scenarios.

That said, I was limited to 10 options (I could have easily gone to 12) and have no problem whatosever with how big the "Other" bucket gets.
Ah..., present a list full of roadmaps, and when the roadmaps get selected, that shows roadmaps are what people want. This is what is otherwise referred to as push polling. If you had a fill in the blanks inquiry, the responses would have been quite different.

SD69, I think we are miscommunicating. What you allege is not at all what I intended or did. The selection set is NOT all roadmap related. Only 4 out of 10 options are. So I'm very confused by your hostility here...

Oh, and there IS a fill-in-the-blank Option, called Other, as I noted. It can get as deep and broad as it needs. No one should feel confined by the other 9 choices with that big bucket there.

Again, you are confusing me.

Last edited by Texrat; 2009-08-19 at 20:53.

The "Other" bucket is filling up nicely I see. Just be sure if you select it that you offer details. I hope that doesn't come across as pushing anything...

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 233 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ São Paulo, SP, Brasil
The "Other" bucket is filling up nicely I see. Just be sure if you select it that you offer details. I hope that doesn't come across as pushing anything...
I voted "other" and no roadmaps at all. I might have voted for the high-level HW roadmap, but only now I understand better what it is.

I don't find the idea of an official channel to propose ideas appealing unless there is a real feeling of a dialog with the company. It can't be just a mere suggestion box. This is a bit the feeling I have from Google, for example. You can send them ideas, but they usually behave like a little black box (or maybe white with colorful spots all over).

Now if the channel is full-duplex, then we are talking something else entirely. It's almost having a "wiki roadmap"!...

The Following User Says Thank You to nwerneck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nwerneck View Post
I voted "other" and no roadmaps at all. I might have voted for the high-level HW roadmap, but only now I understand better what it is.

I don't find the idea of an official channel to propose ideas appealing unless there is a real feeling of a dialog with the company. It can't be just a mere suggestion box. This is a bit the feeling I have from Google, for example. You can send them ideas, but they usually behave like a little black box (or maybe white with colorful spots all over).

Now if the channel is full-duplex, then we are talking something else entirely. It's almost having a "wiki roadmap"!...
Great input and I appreciate that important expansion of the subject. I agree 100%... and while the poll item was very simple rest assured I had assumed such a thing would include your points, but it's good to spell out.

Even though I didn't set a deadline on the poll, I will be capturing the data at some point soon, probably within a week or 2, for my proposed presentation. So if you haven't voted, please do so soon! And please comment!

Tags
community, engagement, feedback