Originally Posted by maluka View Post
This could potentially be good news for the Qt ecosystem as well since WebOS can run Qt apps.
More qt apps for webos possible means more apps for symbian and meego.

that's good in my book.

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
HP buys palm with 2 pages merged to this thread

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
HP buys palm with 2 pages merged to this thread
Why? It would seem this thread is somewhat inappropriate given the title!

i owned the n770 when it came out. i was waiting for a phone just like the n900 but it took so long to come out that i i jumped ship and bought an x1a, (winmo).

winmo os was ok and had several apps that i liked and used it alot. the only thing i didnt like was the small screen and so when the n900 came out i was considering it as a replacement to my year and a half old phone. i didnt buy the n900 because i didnt like the way nokia's internet tablet and maemo os was changing and was somewhat incomptable with each previous hardware and os version. also it wasnt compatible with at&t 3g.

So i ended up buying the hd2. the hd2 is has a nice big screen, i can use all the programs that i used on my old phone. downside, winmo 6.xxx is a dying breed. ill see what the xda developers can come up with but in the mean time i am buying a palm pre plus tomorrow.... i like the form factor and the webos interface card. well see what the future holds. im glad that palm got bought by hp, hopefully the webos will live on because it does have a good interface.

i havent forgotten the internet tablet, id like to see what the next version of what nokia brings.

sorry for my long rant.