Active Topics

Originally Posted by Diavoli View Post
I never had Skype built into mine, still waiting for the download to come on the apps, just says coming soon. Personally prefer Flash player over skype
Skype is built into the messaging functions of the phone. Once you register your skype account in the control panel, you'll be able to make skype calls and send messages over skype.

The Following User Says Thank You to hangster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by R-R View Post
It better be here sooner than later... Nokia needs a giant kick in the butt right now!
Why? Jesus, you guys act like my 6 year old niece sometimes.

Sooner is better but bug free is more important.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
yorg he is right they need to sort it out know- and bug free.

But stic mate, why is it so important? The n900 is the only phone with flash support at the moment. Period. Why does it have to be the first one with support for 10.1? It is not that you cannot live without it now anyway.

Or am I missing something?

For me number one priority is to fix the bugs first. Flash 10.1 is just a gimmick. Nice but not essential.

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
i am hoping it will come in the new f/w with the bug fixs- thats why i want it quick-

i love the browser. i love it. cant get enough-i want the 10.1 but that wasnt my point- i may have missinterpreted the point

i doubt flash 10 gonna be a life changing difference when it comes out for the n900...

Originally Posted by thinh View Post
i doubt flash 10 gonna be a life changing difference when it comes out for the n900...
Depends on how it's done. Flash 10 I think in general is an improvement in efficiency over Flash 9. But more importantly Flash 10 can actually offload work to the GPU so it's not the CPU doing all the work anymore.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
So it is going to improve the phone! Great!

Only, it is already "top dog" at the part that will be improved. It is not a part of the phone that it lacks in, so why the hurry?

Last edited by yorg; 2010-01-09 at 02:27.

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Maldives
I agree that Flash is sort of like a step backwards, depending so much on a single company for all the updates and support. It's like Windows in a sense. Everybody started using it and now it's very difficult to not come across it. All the major websites use it and almost all the A/V streaming websites use Flash in some form. The ugly truth is that we need Flash for now and you cannot expect to bring the desktop web experience without it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nashith For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yorg View Post
But stic mate, why is it so important? The n900 is the only phone with flash support at the moment. Period.
Rubbish. I had flash support on my G1 a few months back. The HTC Hero has flash, and the Droid has flash too.

The owners of all devices with flash are all waiting for Flash 10.1 for the GPU acceleration.

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update