Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Hi,
Do we have any information about this?

How often have privious tablets seen the nice face of new FW update?

how many FW updates did the last tablet get?

thx

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-04-29 at 10:47.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Does anyone when the next firmware update should be release? I know Nokia won't provide a date, but is it supposed to be concluded within weeks/months or there is no clue at all?

Despite what features or corrections each N900 owner is expecting, I couldn't find any news about the next firmware (PR1.1 release date was discussed extensively, and when came out it was disappointing at least in my opinion). By the way, can we call it PR1.2?

just to speculate, i'd think late february or early march. no hard facts to base this opinion on though.

yes, i am wondering too. This release is not what we expected it to be. So many missing simple features. I still don't get when deleting an email i get prompted and re-confirm i really want to delete the email... Nokia, this is no brainier, give the user the option to turn this off.

All mighty Eldar Murtazin mentioned April/March. He said that it would bring Qt 4.6 at least.

Considering the mess I ended up with after the 1.1 update, I would prefer not to see one for a long time. Instead, I wish to see package-by-package upgrades, e.g. when an RSS feed reader bug is fixed I expect to see the updated version of that single package to be visible in the application manager. It's a much safer approach.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Supposedly there's a PR1.1.1 coming out between now and PR1.2. I'd better on PR1.2 hitting sometime in the next 2-3 months, so figure somewhere between now and then for PR1.1.1.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
All mighty Eldar Murtazin mentioned April/March. He said that it would bring Qt 4.6 at least.
Sorry for the noob question, since I didn't know Eldar until now... Does he have inside information due to his status in the mobile community or is just assuming? Would you have a link to post here, pls?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
We more or less knew what was going to be in PR1.1 in advance, just as we do for PR1.2. Just look at the updates to bugzilla. Nobody that actually paid attention was disappointed when PR1.1 came out.

As far as when the next release is, Nokia has a policy of not announcing updates in advance of their release, and that means even the Maemo council members.

Eldar makes a living from cell phone rumors, be there anything behind them or not. He's certainly not as in tune with what's going on in Maemo as the community members actually working on it...

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
yes, i am wondering too. This release is not what we expected it to be. So many missing simple features. I still don't get when deleting an email i get prompted and re-confirm i really want to delete the email... Nokia, this is no brainier, give the user the option to turn this off.
UI wise, its a silly idea to turn it off

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever