Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
UI wise, its a silly idea to turn it off
Agreed if done in isolation, but IMHO once there is support for a Deleted Email folder (bug #7216) then removing the confirmation prompt when deleting emails (bug #6621) isn't quite so silly.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Release date?

Not soon enough..

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
I was reviewing the news about free navigation for Ovi Maps and was wondering... Nokia told that by March every phone will be shipped with free navigation.

Unless they say that N900 is not a phone, it should be included as well. Since for basic routing Ovi Maps for Maemo seems that it is missing just to add the voice guidance, maybe they can release an intermediate update (i.e. PR1.1.1) until March to accomplish that... Just speculation, but how knows!!

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
any news here? PR1.1 was just in time - how long to wait until we have more bugs (not talking about features) getting finally fixed...?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 242 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montreal
I'll be happy if SIP finally works and if we eventually get the new OVI Maps so this can actually be used as a proper GPS...

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
We more or less knew what was going to be in PR1.1 in advance, just as we do for PR1.2. Just look at the updates to bugzilla.
Can you explain how to use bugs.maemo.org so I can find which bugs are going to be solved for 1.2?

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
Can you explain how to use bugs.maemo.org so I can find which bugs are going to be solved for 1.2?
Here's the link General Antilles used to generate the search. My bugzilla-fu isn't as awesome as his but i think he basically set it to search for bugs marked fixed with a target of 5.0+. Now that a milestone of 5/(2.2009.51-1) (PR1.1)-see "Target"--is in the list, the same search finds all bugs resolved since then.

So that search result contains fixes that will possibly be in the next PR. We won't know which are until we know exactly what week internal release they use for the update.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

holy fixed bugs for PR1.2 batman...
This is a bigger list than for 1.1? And is it still to grow?

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Texas, USA
... and who cares about Qt? I know I don't. The immature, buggy, and constantly changing UI toolkit can stay second rate a little while longer. Anyone who believes that Qt is some sort of magical saviour is drinking the Nokia kool-aid.

I know my patch to the RSS reader is going in to the next release.

Originally Posted by mooninite View Post
... and who cares about Qt? I know I don't. The immature, buggy, and constantly changing UI toolkit can stay second rate a little while longer. Anyone who believes that Qt is some sort of magical saviour is drinking the Nokia kool-aid.
Can you name something better than Qt? GTK?! MFC? Motif?

Qt is far from immature. And I kinda dont understand what you mean with "buggy" and "constantly changing ui". If you mean something even remotely related to KDE then it is not Qt's fault...

Would be great to know what you mean

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever