Active Topics

Originally Posted by jaguilar View Post
Did you turn it on pressing the "U" key in the N900 keyboard? And after the screen shows "Nokia" and an USB icon on the top right of the screen pluged the USB cable?
I've tested this too, but it didn't work.

Nevertheless thanks to all of you helping me=) I hope you can fix my prob!!

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
You could try using a bootable Linux CD and flashing it from there.
hmm.. I checked this with the new KNOPPIX Linux Live CD but it still doesn't work.

I think, I need some kind of a usb-driver for the device?!? because windows and linux don't "see" my n900

you have to charge your battery externally, then reflash the n900. your computer should recognize it with full power. this happened to me and i fixed it with this tip from other people whos n900s have been killed by the software updater.

Last edited by piascyk; 2010-02-17 at 19:47.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Prolet View Post
hmm.. I checked this with the new KNOPPIX Linux Live CD but it still doesn't work.

I think, I need some kind of a usb-driver for the device?!? because windows and linux don't "see" my n900
It shouldn't need any support for Linux - as long as the kernel includes USB support then it should work. Is your N900 entering USB mode properly (showing the USB logo in the top-right corner)? If not, nothing else will work.

there is another thing..
if I plug the n900 with my PC, the n900 vibrates every 5 minutes

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
It shouldn't need any support for Linux - as long as the kernel includes USB support then it should work. Is your N900 entering USB mode properly (showing the USB logo in the top-right corner)? If not, nothing else will work.

no there is only a dimmed screen with the nokia logo on it.. nothing else..

Originally Posted by piascyk View Post
you have to charge your battery externally, then reflash the n900. your computer should recognize it with full power. this happened to me and i fixed it with this tip from other people whos n900s have been killed by the software updater.
thanks, I'll try this tomorrow =)

trust me, you're describing every symptom i suffered from. took about an hour to find my answer. i was heartbroken and contemplating my nokia call the next morning haha

The Following User Says Thank You to piascyk For This Useful Post:
Hello, first sorry for my english, i live in Peru.

I bought a couple N900 to sell here (there is no Nokia store in Peru) and one of them had exactly the same problem.

After updating one of them, I had the same error and my WinXP or Ubuntu didnt recognized it. I have to do this:
First make sure that your battery is charged, since the N900 is dead, if you connect the charger or the USB cable it WILL NOT charge.
Remove the battery for about 2 or 3 hours
Connect the USB cable (WITHOUT the battery). An orange Led will be flashed for about a second.
Put the battery in while pressing the U key, wait for a few seconds, hopefully it will vibrate and be recognized again, so you can flash using flasher-3.5

If that doesnt work, try again in a few minutes. I spend a whole day trying to save this N900, because here in Peru, there are no Nokia Care Centers...
But now it is alive

Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to Moloch For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your help!!!
I can't charge the battery because I don't have any charger for it..
So i send my device to nokia =( let's see when i get it back..

Tags
firmware, flash, maemo 5, n900, update