So we'll be fine in v3.4, which you say is coming soon? :P

Cool, thanks Andre

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
So we'll be fine in v3.4, which you say is coming soon?
The "soon" was a bit too optimistic in the other thread (things somehow always love to be more complicated than expected), but Karsten is working on it and should finish it by this or next month.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hmm. I´m pleased with your current contribution. It might be true that in december-january bugzilla was little too hot place. At least I got pretty long and not so friendly answer from user named timeless. Almost wrote personal email to him, but after checking who this guy is and what he has managed to do with his life I tought that he is right and knows pretty much what he is doing *gulp*, but I would not be suprised if some rather sensitive user would get upset at his tone

I pretty much agree with everything what benny1967 just said. You manage to be effective but still friendly.

btw.
I have been constantly reading this bug report:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8723
And I would be glad if you managed to put up some bug-day in irc where you just concentrate on one type of bug. For example on desktop-widgets running with python and how to spot memory problems. I know that memory problems could take days to show, but somekind of basics about what to look and what scripts to use.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Hmm. I´m pleased with your current contribution. It might be true that in december-january bugzilla was little too hot place. At least I got pretty long and not so friendly answer from user named timeless. Almost wrote personal email to him, but after checking who this guy is and what he has managed to do with his life I tought that he is right and knows pretty much what he is doing *gulp*, but I would not be suprised if some rather sensitive user would get upset at his tone
Timeless does have a tone
You get used to him pretty fast. And he has done an immense amount of work for Maemo.
Originally Posted by slender View Post
I pretty much agree with everything what benny1967 just said. You manage to be effective but still friendly.
Which is one of the amazing things with Andre, he just is polite, always.

I'm just happy to have Andre around.

One of the things he also does is act as the brigde to the Nokia bugzilla. Something he gets a lot of credit for inside Nokia. I don't think we say it out loud often enough, but a big thank you to our bugmaster!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tekojo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
So I ask you to please post what comes to your mind related to our job - what you think was/is good and what was/is bad.
I have nothing but good things to say for all your work in the past couple of years (wow, has it been that long already?) I appreciate it can be quite a difficult and frustrating job sitting in between bug reporters, Nokia engineers and upstream bugtrackers and often drawing fire from all sides, yet you have managed to make working with bugs.maemo.org as smooth as it can be while helping bug reports get the attention they deserve (one simply has to compare bug handling in Diablo vs Fremantle to see that).

All the meta-work you are doing (feature jars, bugdays, maintaining the stock answers etc) is also very useful and appreciated.

If I have to list something "bad", my only real peeve is that whole MOVED resolution business, but that's hardly your fault so it's off-topic here.

So thank you, and keep it up :-)

I can't comment on Kasten, simply because his work isn't visible yet (and parts of it never will be), but I do appreciate all the effort going into the bugzilla upgrade.

Special thanks also to sjgadsby for the weekly bugjars!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 146 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Poland
Well I've only filed a few bugs, but would just like to add, that you are doing a excellent job making me feel great

Every time I filed a bug it was looked into and I recieved feedback.
That's what many people expect when they find something wrong, a) to know somebody else can confirm the problem, b) to know the problem is coming through the appropriate channels and c) to know if/when it will be fixed.

Thanks for the hard work.

Last edited by Robb; 2010-05-07 at 09:09. Reason: spelling

The Following User Says Thank You to Robb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Hmm, interesting. I hope that somebody can photoshop that. :-)
Ask and it shall be given to you
Attached Images

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Blaizzen View Post
Ask and it shall be given to you
Awesome! Set as my N900 background picture now.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
Andre is doing a great job in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki
I think Andre is heavens gift for Maemo. Very good job!

The Following User Says Thank You to kinipyon For This Useful Post:

Tags
andre, bug, bugzilla, feedback