Active Topics

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Okay.
Feedbacks: As I said before, I have just flashed my N900 and installed the freshly new security update (less than 500kb btw).
Then I installed the CSSU. For the moment, i don't notice any bug or something like this.

NB: first when I Updated the catalogs, i saw the security update. I updated the phone and when I Wanted to install to CSSU (By clicking the Icon in the the menu), many updates appeared in the App catalogs. As I don't know them I did not updated them, I only installed the CSSU.

I hope some one will go further and post his feedbacks. As for me, if I have any issue, i will report it there.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
URGENT: I just flashed my N900 and noticed the new update. So my question is, Can I install this security update and then Install the CSSU?? thanks in advance.
Also posted in CSSU Thread!
yes you can

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HELLASISGREECE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
yes you can
Thanks!

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=11

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
I have a security update too but my version is... 21.2011.38-1.203.1
and its 4.2mb ? different to anyone elses?? I'm not updating till i know what the hell its for. my usb port's busted so no flashing for me if it goes wrong??

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
I have a security update too but my version is... 21.2011.38-1.203.1
and its 4.2mb ? different to anyone elses?? I'm not updating till i know what the hell its for. my usb port's busted so no flashing for me if it goes wrong??
The 203.1 at the end just indicates that it's the UK version.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
The 203.1 at the end just indicates that it's the UK version.
weird, mine only shows 21.2011.38-1, nothing after -1.

btw, someone mentioned should not update with CSSU installed, but mine updated without any issue... should i check for something that may not be right & do a re-flash?

still puzzle of what should expect from this security update... but it's a good sign that it's still being supported.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by xyes View Post
weird, mine only shows 21.2011.38-1, nothing after -1.
That'll be the generic/global version.

btw, someone mentioned should not update with CSSU installed, but mine updated without any issue... should i check for something that may not be right & do a re-flash?
I'm not sure - the key update was already included in the CSSU, so there's no need to install the update. I've no idea what effect having installed it will have though.

still puzzle of what should expect from this security update
Not a lot. In normal use I wouldn't expect to see anything whatsoever. If you're in the Netherlands or Iran then you may run across secure sites which no longer validate (I'm not sure whether all the sites using DigiNotar certificates will have got them replaced or not) - the Netherlands because that's where the DigiNotar CA was based, and they were used by various government departments for website certificates, and Iran because that's where the forged certificates were supposedly being used.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Has anyone had any strange issues after this update?
I just tried installing a new app through FAM (Faster Application Manager) and it said "Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource Temporarily unavailable)"
Got the same issue from the CLI as root running apt-get install, yet App Manager was able to install an app fine.

Also did an lsof | grep dpkg to see if anything had it open but wasn't unable to find anything.

Any thoughts or is this an unrelated issue?

Originally Posted by Vertikar View Post
Any thoughts or is this an unrelated issue?
Nevermind, it seems to be an unrelated issue, started working again weirdly enough.

are you guys update this new update?

Tags
maemo, update