Active Topics

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by amaziN9 View Post
new version is faster,
Unfortunately with adblockplus installed, it still takes ~ 18 seconds for me. :-(

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I'm really sick of Ovi store, half the times their stuff never works..... I still can't install, just wasting my bandwidth here...

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
installation of firefox wont work directly due to the difference in the pkg numbers till it gets fixed just use the alternative methods mentioned in earlier posts.

on ovi store, true it is cumbersome at times but trust the devs who will always mention that it has improved alot over time and its sometimes user error or packaging errors that are the root of the problem.

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
OVI and NOKIA :S
always problems :S
Attached Images

As of right now, Firefox is no longer in the OVI store at all. I am sure they pulled until they get this sorted, but it doesn't explain why so many other programs won't download updates. I tried updating exnotes, and it failed as well.

slaapliedje

I gotta say, it's the first time I've seen the compound word "Firefox" broken apart by a space, and it certainly looks hideous. ) Sorry, had to say it.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
if you've previously installed firefox, you can still find it in your apps page otherwsie its no longer available.

for those with problems installing other updates could you reboot and try. there are times if you've done an uninstall of an app the cache is not free yet hence the installation from store fails. also, while installing could you try keeping the installation dialog as your active app instead of sending it to the background.

at times when installing apps the system will close all other opened apps to complete installation so if you're using an app it can't close it hence the installation failing.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Somebody still need it?

firefox13

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Firefox updates have never been smooth for me, for the N9 or the N900. Always some problem...

Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
Somebody still need it?

firefox13
FF13 has some missing dependencies as libpango1.0 and libxft2. Maybe the libs got removed from the system when I de-installed FF12 before?

Without libpango FF13 did start but nothing was visible.

The libs also couldn't be installed afterwards with "apt-get install -f" because the signature test failed. I had to use incept to install them from /var/cache/apt/archives. Now everything seems to work fine.

I would recommend to wait for the fixed version in in the Ovi store.

M.

Tags
firefox, update