Active Topics

Hi to all, this is my first post
I'm an enthusiastic n810 user and I simply love this device!
I've everything I was looking for from a device like this... just... just... I'm missing that "multiple desktops" I have on my ubuntu or slackware desktop or on the kde 3.5.8 on the n810, the pager as they call it, or the "multi home screen" as they have on the n900. Is there a way to get it on the Maemo Diablo? I've tried QTablet with those 2 desktops and it looks fantastic but it have never been completed Now I'm using the Diablo 5 theme with Telescope and Opera, MPlayer well configured, and so on... and the only thing I'm missing is that: multiple desktops!!

Thx in advance to everyone can give me a good idea.

There was an attempt to do what you ask, but it took a long time to switch between desktops/home screens and the applets wouldn't stay in place. Those applets waste power so you really don't want too many anyway.

Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
There was an attempt to do what you ask, but it took a long time to switch between desktops/home screens and the applets wouldn't stay in place. Those applets waste power so you really don't want too many anyway.
that is a very bad news!! But i don't understand... starting kde 3.5.8 from Qole the pager is present and it works simply perfect without any problems. I'm using it with 4 desktops and i haven't any kind of problem. The same with QTablet, 2 desktops work simply perfect. Why it shouldn't be possible to have the same with Diablo? Freemantle has 4 home screens and it's possible to unlock them to 9 home screens.... 2 would be enough for me
Anyways thanks alot for you reply... i hope someone has a good news too

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Hildon doesn't allows you to use a few desctops. Mitrandir (Telescope creator) things about new Window Manager... but it is a very difficult job.
So maaaaaaaybe if we will ask him and find a way to thank him...

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
Since tablet applications normally take over the entire desktop there would be very little operational difference between having multiple desktops and multiple applications running in the current environment.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

The Following User Says Thank You to fragos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Hildon doesn't allows you to use a few desctops.
Excuse me but hildon on maemo5 doesn't have 5 (or 9 if hacked) home screen at the same time? maybe i'm wrong.... i'm not this expert about all this.