Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Guys, do you know of a trusted technician around QC who can repair an N900? My screen suddenly stopped working. Digitizer and backlight still works though. Last night I noticed that the screen is not completely occupied by what is being displayed (there were black borders in the sides). A restart fixed that but this morning the screen started flickering and then it went all black.
I connected it to a TV so I know that it's still working except for the screen.
I hope you guys can help. BTW is symbianize down?

EDIT: Got it repaired at Cellway SM North EDSA. Luckily they have a flex assembly in stock (last one). They replaced the whole slider mechanism. The bad thing is the screw located at the top right (when looked from behind) got worn out in the process so they had to remove the screw head by drilling it out similar to sixwheeledbeast's experience here: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...71#post1324171

Anyway I'm happy that it's fixed even with one headless screw stuck at the back. I paid PhP1,500.00 (US$36.48) for the parts and service VS Nokia Care's quote of PhP2,418.72 (US$58.82 at 41.12 exchrate).

Last edited by vetsin; 2013-05-13 at 17:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
hi guys! how is everyone here?

The Following User Says Thank You to riceboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 176 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California
Don't know if there are to many active users left from the PI.

The Following User Says Thank You to whayong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
There still some of us who visit TMO from time to time.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
I usually do it myself. I think there was a tutorial / manual in pdf file where it will give you a detailed instruction on how to replace parts of your n900.

The Following User Says Thank You to odzk For This Useful Post:
Im selling my nokia n900. For those interested, you can email me at elbttrd@yahoo.com. It comes complete with a box, charger and tv cable. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to elbttrd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Is it still available?..

Bumping...

Thank you. Best wishes.

Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Is it still available?..

Bumping...

Thank you. Best wishes.
yes it is still available.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Inverted Castle
dead thread ;_;
--

How hard is it to find replacements parts here in the PH? My keyboard keys are falling apart (I superglued them back). I'm not taking any chances coz what if I lose the keys outside.

also thinking of buying an extra N900 in case my current one breaks down in the future, hopefully I can still find a new one by that time.

also random screenshots

Last edited by chorvaqueen; 2015-03-17 at 19:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to chorvaqueen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chorvaqueen View Post
dead thread ;_;
--

How hard is it to find replacements parts here in the PH? My keyboard keys are falling apart (I superglued them back). I'm not taking any chances coz what if I lose the keys outside.

also thinking of buying an extra N900 in case my current one breaks down in the future, hopefully I can still find a new one by that time.
I still have a working one with a good set of keys. Msg me if you are interested.

Tags
filipino, jovit, nokia n900, pacman, pinoy ako, pinoys, selling n900