hi I have bought a 770 and I want to upgrade the RS MMC card to a 1 gig one.

I have a question though. What is the difference between the lower voltage RS MMC cards and the higher voltage RS MMC cards? What is the difference with regards to battery usage and which one is best to get?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by RPST
hi I have bought a 770 and I want to upgrade the RS MMC card to a 1 gig one.

I have a question though. What is the difference between the lower voltage RS MMC cards and the higher voltage RS MMC cards? What is the difference with regards to battery usage and which one is best to get?

Thanks.
I'm not an expert on this, so I'm not too sure. But to be safe, I recommend getting the Transcend Dual Voltage cards. That way the 770 will pick the one that best suits it...

Apparently dual voltage is designed for phones. I guess since it is a lower voltage, it may use less battery? I think the 770 uses only the higher voltage. I bought the cheapest RS-MMC I could find, the single voltage Sandisk 1gb, and it works just fine.

Originally Posted by Jeffgrado
Apparently dual voltage is designed for phones. I guess since it is a lower voltage, it may use less battery? I think the 770 uses only the higher voltage. I bought the cheapest RS-MMC I could find, the single voltage Sandisk 1gb, and it works just fine.
The Nokia 770 can use either dual or single voltage RS-MMC cards.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
You can also put a mmc there if you *really* want to (I see no reason why), but you'll have to modify the closing mechanism to be able to push in the tiny button beside the mmc slot that tells the system to mount the mmc.

*not recommended though

have you done this?

i have a gig stick of M MMC from Newegg that works alright. Its dual voltage BTW.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
You should be able to use dual votage and single voltage RSMMC cards.
I use a faster variation called MMCmobile. I don't think it transfers faster than the standard RSMMC on the 770 but it does transfer faster when using a external flash card reader as opposed to the USB cable direct to the 770.

Originally Posted by Tweak
You should be able to use dual votage and single voltage RSMMC cards.
I use a faster variation called MMCmobile. I don't think it transfers faster than the standard RSMMC on the 770 but it does transfer faster when using a external flash card reader as opposed to the USB cable direct to the 770.

thats interesting becuase i have noticed just the opposite. When i stick my MMMC into my computer it transfers slower than the RSMMC and it also used more CPU power as well... It might just be me too though.