Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Nokia UK online store will get them before MPD and nokiaretail stores run by MPD thats the info i have gathered from the farce over the weeks

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
I have an order in with Nokia.co.uk and was wondering why I hadn't received the email other have. I had failed to notice the distinction between that and nokia retail.

I really, really hope it arrives before 3rd Dec since Nokia have kindly invited me to Barcelona and it would be a shame to be flying out there while my n900 sits at home waiting for me.

Edit: This order has not shipped.
Kathy,
I asked for this type of information the other day when I called Nokia direct with a query about my specific order. Nokia.co.uk is to the best of my knowledge a seperate entity to MPD which runs the Nokia Retail stroes and sites. If you order DIRECT from nokia.co.uk the informaiton I was given is that it is expected to ship on Monday as they were in the process of receiving the stock yesterday. This may, or may not be accurate but I wouldn't expect a shipping email prior to Monday at earliest if I were you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fargus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Too many threads on this subject now even for me. So it's UK based so I'll go for this one.

Sent MPD this email on Wednesday morning.

Dear Sir,

I feel I must write this email to you to complain about your handling of the debarcle that has been the pre order of my N900.

While I appreciate that you are not responsible for the delay, I feel that your handling of the saga has been totally inadequate. When I pre ordrered my phone I was told that it would be dispatched on the 16th November; sadly this date came and went with no word from yourselves. Now I find out that the phone will be available in Nokia Retail outlets which as it states all over your pages is operated by you before my PRE ORDER is dispatched.

I have been on your live chat a couple of times and quite frankly your customer service level on this front is terrible. The answers being given by your staff are not helpful in anyway and sometimes are short and abrupt. I have just been told i will be kept up to date by email a first email for the delay would have been nice.

I'm sure you'll answer this after the usual 24hour delay and then state the end of November again.

Thank you.

Got this one back.

We’re sorry to again advise you that the N900 has been delayed. There is however good news - Nokia have advised that we will receive stock into our .......blah blah we've all read that one.

Which I thought was the apology one but that came this morning.

Sir,

The website will be despatching the same day as retail outlets have stock.

Anyhow - for the latest:

We’re sorry to again advise you that the N900 has been delayed. There is however good ..............blah blah blah.

You've got to love them. Posted here as it hopefully clears up the shop/MPD who gets first etc etc

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
that clears nothing up they are going to say stuff to stop you going else where, last month when questioned admitted they would get them after nokia uk store
when they talk about online shop i think they mean this NokiaRetail, which is the link they been pushing in there emails where they offer only a few phones.

Last edited by NvyUs; 2009-11-20 at 09:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
I got that e-mail and did not even ask for confirmation. I guess they are starting to pre-empt us now.

I have to say I am pretty pissed at ANOTHER 2 week delay. The whole wording of the MPD "exclusive" statement bugged me from the start. Granted, I ordered the N900 from them as I effectively get to pay for it over 18 months with free minutes/texts thrown in, rather than because of the claimed exclusive. However I still hate blatantly misleading BS.

I certainly might have had second thoughts about selling my Xperia X1 in October if I had suspected I would be stuck with a crappy phone until December. :-( It has meant I have wasted 2 months of bundled data from my current contact as its stuck on a phone that wont even connect to WAP.

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Mumbai, India
Has anyone of you actually got hold of your pre-ordered n900's yet?

I feel the delay has been just to fulfill ALL the pre-orders first prior to releasing it out to the retail stores. The idea of pre-ordering was to get it first before it hits the stores.

Nokia's UK Flag ship store twittered the other day that it will be available on Thursday, that post was soon flamed all over the blogs and news channels. They must have been bombarded with inquiries and soon after removed the twitter post immediately.

I had a couple of my friend go in and checkout of its availability but sadly the answer was - Indefinite release date.

... this is really frustrating for someone sitting 5000 miles helpless :-(

The Following User Says Thank You to Soheil For This Useful Post:
What have people sold their previous good phones to stick with a crap phone for a month or two? Surely the price of the good phone wont depreciate THAT much?

Not having a go, just curious as to the thinking.

And to stay on topic, MPD have really annoyed the hell out me due to their handling of the situation and I'd think twice before pre-ordering with them again (I think next time I'll just wait until a phone it actually out!!).

Just called NOS. Asked them about the n900. The first thing the CA asked was if I had ordered online. (I had at nokia.co.uk). He said the n900 will be shipping out either by today or Monday.

Take that as you wish.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vdx29 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post

And to stay on topic, MPD have really annoyed the hell out me due to their handling of the situation and I'd think twice before pre-ordering with them again (I think next time I'll just wait until a phone it actually out!!).

Me too. Never Pre ordered a phone before and don't think I will again. It better be worth the wait.

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
Me too. Never Pre ordered a phone before and don't think I will again. It better be worth the wait.
I feel the same way...
First time I have done this, and I won't be doing it again..

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Tags
lack of quality control, myfrickenphoneshipped, what a dud