Posts: 43 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United States
I take it running about 3x a week. Bought an armband on ebay for $3 and it works fantastic. Actually, I am keeping it on my forearm (call it Predator like or what ) since the armband stays perfectly in place. Really well made with the thickest strap I have ever seen. It`s a breeze (THANKS TO THE RESISTIVE SCREEN, AGAIN TNX RESISTIVE) to change the songs as I run without slowing down or moving decreasing speed. Go on Ebay...I bought the best armband and leather pouch for my N900 on Ebay for less than $7 total. True, ships from HongKong, but transpacific took less than two weeks surprisingly. Headphones: KLIPSCH IMAGE S4...REVIEWS SAY IT ALL

Last edited by LuckTR; 2010-02-17 at 03:31. Reason: Original post edit

The Following User Says Thank You to LuckTR For This Useful Post:
I modified the original post a bit to inquire about running/workout setups to hopefully make this thread a little more useful.

The Following User Says Thank You to davetech For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LuckTR View Post
I take it running about 3x a week. Bought an armband on ebay for $3 and it works fantastic. Actually, I am keeping it on my forearm (call it Predator like or what ) since the armband stays perfectly in place. Really well made with the thickest strap I have ever seen. It`s a breeze (THANKS TO THE RESISTIVE SCREEN, AGAIN TNX RESISTIVE) to change the songs as I run without slowing down or moving decreasing speed. Go on Ebay...I bought the best armband and leather pouch for my N900 on Ebay for less than $7 total. True, ships from HongKong, but transpacific took less than two weeks surprisingly. Headphones: KLIPSCH IMAGE S4...REVIEWS SAY IT ALL
Which model is the one you are using?

The Following User Says Thank You to aykito For This Useful Post:
Been running with mine 3-4 times a week in a Caselogic pouch in one hand and blade in the other. Works great.

The Following User Says Thank You to davetech For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by digittante View Post
I run a few times a week using:

eCoach is great because it adds your run log to an 'ecoach' calendar in the N900's calendar app. But you have to edit each event after the fact to move it to the main N900 calendar if you want it sync'ed to your desktop...
Is the Amphipod with a N900 light enough to clamp onto a BT HR monitor such as the Zephyr?

Last edited by lgarratt; 2011-01-04 at 04:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to lgarratt For This Useful Post:
http://www.spibelt.com/

I run few times a week, and just did a 10km fun run on Sunday past ... I use an SPI belt .. works well .. goes under my shirt so you can't see it at all. Doesn't move or bounce around ... and I just run the head phones up the back of my shirt over my ears.

C

The Following User Says Thank You to CheSter For This Useful Post:
I just bought an armband: Eforcity Case Holder and Sport Armband For iPod touch 2G Black (Amazon)

I haven't had it for too long but it's been working out well. The N900 fits snuggly inside without much effort, and it stays secure on my relatively small arms.

I started using eCoach with mapmyrun.com. I only just realized how great eCoach is. :O

The Following User Says Thank You to drcouzelis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
you have a funny advantage when you run with N900.Lose more calories.
EDIT:Try mugen with dual batteries.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to udaychaitanya16 For This Useful Post:
LOL No kidding. The N900 is my first and only smart phone. I can't believe how heavy it is compared to my coworker's Galaxy SII!

The Following User Says Thank You to drcouzelis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
The N900 is far to heavy to hang from a Zephyr HXM heart rate monitor. I wish there were a nice Zephyr compatible heart rate graphing app along with perhaps altitude and speed.

I have been looking for a nice rainproof predator type wrist/arm pouch that wasn't made from that fake leather stuff which I expect to tear inside a few weeks. Currently I just stick my N900 in a shorts pocket.

I use my N900 for long range cycling and running to track heart rate like a tachometer so I don't red-line myself and get too exhausted as well as keeping in the target zone on the stationary bike stand in winter. On the road I use BH-214 stereo multimedia clip on headset which has a 3.5mm headset jack. I like Sygic Mobile Maps 10 for navigation and wish that EOL'd for Maemo5 app had a HRM display.

Tags
nokia n900, running