Closed Thread
Banned | Posts: 109 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Feb 2010
and provide provisioning for Mail for Exchange so I dont have to carry two devices at once?

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
Exchange sync is supported by the device? Are you saying you've got a problem with yours that means it isn't working?

Works fine for me anyway.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
and provide provisioning for Mail for Exchange so I dont have to carry two devices at once?
I doubt it'll ever happen with the N900 (not on Maemo 5 anyway). In order to validate the provisioning, you need to be able to guarantee the integrity of all the components. With the level of control the user has under Maemo 5, this is unlikely to be possible (hence the introduction of a separate "DRM mode" for Harmattan).

If you feel strongly about this, then please do vote for the relevant bug so that it actually gets brought to the attention of the developers.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
works for me.

Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post
Exchange sync is supported by the device? Are you saying you've got a problem with yours that means it isn't working?

cant sync with my server.....other nokia devices are all fine

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by cashclientel View Post

Exchange sync is supported, but provisioning is not. What this means is that if your company has a security policy in place which includes requirements for mobile devices connecting to the Exchange server (minimum password length, ability to remote lock/wipe, etc), then the N900 will not work.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Exchange sync is supported, but provisioning is not. What this means is that if your company has a security policy in place which includes requirements for mobile devices connecting to the Exchange server (minimum password length, ability to remote lock/wipe, etc), then the N900 will not work.
I guess it is not a computer than

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Does desktop Linux support it?

My Websites
CSD Projects - Flickr - UAE4Maemo (UAE4All Compatibility List)

Favourite N900 Applications
Picodrive - UAE4All

Please post your UAE4All compatibility reports. Even better, post them to my UAE4Maemo site!
Not sure how UAE4All works such as mouse emulation? Read the FAQ.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by Tex14 View Post
I guess it is not a computer than
Um; so a device that's under the control of its owner isn't a computer, but a locked-down client that simply runs as an obedient slave to a remote server is?

I think you may need to adjust your idea of what a computer is.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ewan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post

Thats interesting, works with NHS.net fine? - yet that forces minimum length, remote wipe etc.......
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Closed Thread

Tags
exchange, exchange support, fremantle, goober the sequel, it will never die, maemo, maemo 5, mail for exchange, mfe, non-provisionable, non-provisioning, provisionable, provisioning