Notices

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Just wanted to add:
if anybody is wondering about if this mod is going to use cpu/drain battery, i have just tested whit and without this mod and no difference in cpu % or clock speed over time (12H+ uptime test)

How to install custom brightness

All so works fine with PR 1.3

ZIP has been updated due to PR 1.3.
Seems that brightness 2 is now minimum light in PR 1.3 it was 1 in PR 1.2.
i have corrected the "Bright -" accordingly so that it is capt at 2 as the lowest.

Just spied this new thread, good to see that you are still persevering with this.
A thought I have had, seeing that you are using QBW, you have 9 clickable locations with QBW so in theory you could have 9 brightness settings.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Queen_BeeCon_W...Script_Runtime
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...pot#post735753

I still havn't had time to try this on my phone, I still need to upgrade to PR1.3, after that I will try to find some time for this.

Thats pretty cool, of course in the setup i created it's just a matter of importing a setting again and calling it L5 or something to make more settings.
But the hot spot thing could maybe save a little place on the desktop

the setting i use now doesn't take to much space.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dr_frost_dk View Post
Thats pretty cool, of course in the setup i created it's just a matter of importing a setting again and calling it L5 or something to make more settings.
But the hot spot thing could maybe save a little place on the desktop

the setting i use now doesn't take to much space.
Guys have a look at HERE
You could use a custom brightness bar with possibility to detect push/click coordinates on whole bar with $QBW_CLICK_X, $QBW_CLICK_Y
$QBW_CLICK_X coordinate could then be easily indexed to as many relevant fractions as you like and visual indicator of current brightness could be created as well ...

s/t like this:

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Guys have a look at HERE
You could use a custom brightness bar with possibility to detect push/click coordinates on whole bar with $QBW_CLICK_X, $QBW_CLICK_Y
$QBW_CLICK_X coordinate could then be easily indexed to as many relevant fractions as you like and visual indicator of current brightness could be created as well ...
Has anybody tried this QBW function, i have not had time to test since im doing the battery test and going to be a father within the next week.

And would like to know if anybody else have tried this mod, im of course still using it and always using level 3 since i made my big battery.
The QBW advanced function is a cool idea, but i don't need it, i do use my - & + function after selecting level 1 if im in a very dark area than it is nice to take the brightness down to "2" so it is just giving enough light to see the screen

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Could someone please make somthing like this but instead of using QueenBeecon it would be a status bar widget like the volume control thingy?

had some free time and decided to update the install process, no more editing mce.ini manually

install is at page #1 post #2

tell me if it works alright

it's been awhile since this thread have been going so for new cumbers that didn't read up on this thread this mod is to remove that ignoring light sensor and setting your own brightness level that suits you.

Tags
brightness, display, light sensor, screen