Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Now that the last thundery for this competition period has moved by and i did not catch a single lighnting lightning albeit many chances...
It is time for the easy cop out and have a Helles, lighted by the disappearing thunderstorm mood. Cheers and good luck everyone. I am delighted to see so many contestants!

Still 2 hours to go since tmo posts timestamp is 2 hours behind in front of utc.

Shot with XA2, bit of contrast editing in gimp.

Edit: "Drunken from Helles" easter eggs marked with strokes for public amusement. Ah, and fittingly Helles translates to bright (beer).

Last edited by mosen; 2019-05-28 at 18:08.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Ring Ding Ring Ding Ding,
All hear the closing bells for Mays competition.

Lets see who could convince most in interpreting the Lighting theme

EDIT, Spfoos entry is corrected and hosted on my site.

#1 Maemish - N900 with BlessN900 HQ Mode

#2 DDark - iPhone X, Ztylus Revolver Polarizing filter, and small touch on brightness and color on builtin app

#3 fooxl - Xperia X

#4 levone1 - Xperia X Compact; SF 3.0.3.9; stock camera with default settings; I edited with a hi-def filter and cropped to 4:3 with SF built-in editor in Gallery app

#5 Pentona - Sony Xperia XA2, cropped to square in Sailfish's Gallery

#6 Pichlo - Jolla 1, stock camera

#7 robthebold - OnePlus One running UBPorts (Ubuntu Touch). Stock (and, I think, only) camera. Cropped and contrast adjusted a little with digiKam photo editor on desktop Ubuntu

#8 Fellfrosch - Xperia X, cropping and a little white balance shift via darktable

#9 rm250j - Galaxy S10e. Standard camera app, no editing

#10 catbus - turning 90 degrees clockwise and scaling to fit the forum, with Gimp... Oops, almost forgot... N9 stock

#11 Macros - Nokia 808 pureview

#12 spfoo - Nokia N9

#13 mosen - XA2, bit of contrast editing in gimp

Last edited by mosen; 2019-05-30 at 08:35.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@mosen
somehow you nissed spfoo's picture. Or the link vanisher striked again?
https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...5&postcount=50

btw.
which gets my vote

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
My vote goes also to spfoo. Very nice indeed.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
If not got that link I would have voted catbus. The picture leaves questions and makes to wonder. Spoofs picture does not do that but it just is really good.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
#8 Fellfrosch

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Pity the submissions have closed. This would have been my entry. Taken this morning.
Notice anything odd about the USB cable shadow?

Name:  20190529_060424.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  38.3 KB

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I vote for 10# catbus.

pichlo's last picture is also great but it's a pity it doesn't count.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Lovely Entries this time again. I think we are gettung better and better. I try to say to every pic some things, as I liked it when others have done that on the competitions before. Please see all critics as constructive:

#1 Maemish
Nice pic and fitting well to the May topic. The old instrument is well balanced in light and shadow. The screen (showing you?) is for me somewhat irritating. On one hand it's a nice contrast, on the other, it's somewhat disturbing.
9/10

#2 DDark
Also a good shot. Anyway for me it doesn't fit so well to the topic. If the topic would have been pattern, I would have given you full points. All these lines are really fascinating and are drawing the viewer into the pic. (Minor thing: I would have cropped the pic a little bit at the bottom)
8/10

#3 fooxl
Even though that you can very well see the limitation of smartphone cameras in darker settings (Details are missing completely), i'm still impressed how you and the N900 camera mastered this situation. The pic in whole just works and the topic is hit 100%.
9/10

#4 levone1
A setting that for me only work with heavy post processing. The dark areas especially at the bottom are to dark. Without tone mapping you can't manage that high contrasts of this scenery.
6/10

#5 Pentona
Like the last time a pic that enfolds it's real beauty only in larger size. Nearly a perfect picture, nearly the matchwinner for me. But I think you should have cropped more at left and top to make it perfect. And of course there is the next entry...
10/10

#6 Pichlo
All said about this one. The play of light and shadow, the abstract motive, the depth...
Real art
10/10 - And my WINNER of the May competition
Edit: The last pic of you is horrible. But looking at the shadow of the cable... unbeatable. Maybe you would have won with that one, just because you simply smashed the May topic.

#7 robthebold
Nice "kangaroo" in nice light. It must have been quite near. Unfortunately the cam of your OnePlus One seems to be worse than the Jolla 1 cam. The noise reduction killed the gras and made a carpet out of it. I would have cropped the pic a little bit more but that would have made the noise reduction even more present.
7/10

#9 rm250j
Dramatic scenery. Anyway this pic seems to me more a snapshot than a carefully taken photo . Maybe you should have changed the position a bit.
6 /10

#10 catbus
That's not your car!
Nice Idea fitting well to the topic. But the only thing which I can really identity is the bulb. Anyway the pic works somehow.
8/10

#11 Macros
Lights and Shadows, The pond mirroring the sky. The May theme is hit by 100% but my eye doesn't find a real rest on your pic. There is no point where the view is drawn.
7/10

#12 spfoo
Your pic looks on the first glimpse like a copy of catbus' pic. But yours is real art.
BUT: This is not R2D2
10/10

#13 mosen
You nearly got me: BEER!
But than I realized. the foam doesn't really looks like beer and the colour is quite bright. That must be something different. Is it a Radler?
Good picture, But the May topic for me is not obvious, even if there is a lot light and shadows.
8/10

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 456 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Portugal
I'm late to the party and my pictures were taken last year, so they dont qualify, but I just want to share with you guys. It had been raining that day, and I caught nice rainbow in the sky while a plain was flying.
Photos taken with Intex Aqua Fish, no editing. https://imgur.com/a/41jHrAV

Last edited by john_god; 2019-05-29 at 08:16.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to john_god For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition