Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Nagoya, Japan
I have released a new version of toMOTko in extras-devel. Some layouts have been improved. Fonts have been enlarged at some places. Online Help has been rewritten. Some small bugs have been fixed too.

The Following User Says Thank You to FBergeron For This Useful Post:
Someone could test these 2 little things with the latest version:

1) Do the Reset buttons work in the Fonts window of the Preferences dialog for the Labels and Fields fonts? The expected behavior is that the font should revert to the original value. In the emulator, the original value is Nokia Sans/Medium. It's probably the same value on the real device but I don't know.

2) Invoke the Search window, you don't need to search anything but pay attention to the text of the buttons on the right. Then go in the Preferences and change the language interface and click Ok to apply the change. The interface should be updated accordinigly. Then, perform another Search. On the emulator, the text of the buttons on the right View Glossary, Edit, Remove, and Close are not translated immediately. I have to move the mouse cursor over the buttons to make them update themselves. Is it the same behavior on the real device?

Thanks!

Too bad nobody could anwer my requests. Anyway, I have released Tomotko 0.11.2-10fremantle0. I have also promoted the package for extras-testing. Hopefully, it's stable enough.

The Following User Says Thank You to FBergeron For This Useful Post:
Hi, I don't know if you still want the feedback but I've tested your two queries:

1) The Reset buttons works well for me and revert back to the original straight away. The original value is Nokia Sans in Medium for both fields.

2) It is the same behaviour as you describe. When I change language preferences the interface updates straight away. But then when I perform another Search. the text of the buttons on the right View Glossary, Edit, Remove, and Close are not translated immediately.

The Close button changes after a second or two but the others greyed out remain in English.

Good job on it though!

Last edited by Sash; 2010-07-08 at 23:35. Reason: Terrible spelling!

The Following User Says Thank You to Sash For This Useful Post:
The application keeps crashing for me when I try to import a glossary. After I click on Import Data, the sub-menu pops up for me to select the file but it stops responding at this point. The loading icon comes up like it's trying to load the names of my N900 directory but then it just stops:

The Following User Says Thank You to Sash For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the feedback.

Good to know that the Reset button works as expected.

For the translations of the Search Dialog, I will try to find a solution to it later. It's not a very important issue but if I can fix it, that would be better.

The File Selection bug is rather strange. I think that Import Data feature works for some other users. It works fine for in the emulator.

Could you try launching the application from the command interpreter to see if any interesting error messages pop out? The executable should be named either toMOTko or tomotko.

Anyone else experiments a similar behavior?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FBergeron For This Useful Post:
I just tried running toMOTko from the terminal and I don't get any error messages but it still crashes at the Import Data stage.