Originally Posted by Tujutzki View Post
"Tomi Pienimäki ‏@smabacke 15 h

@jjaone @AnttiSaarnio @SlushHQ Didn’t thought about it,but do you think people might be interested in details of coming product launch ;-)?"
Does this suggest that they'll give a launch date? There is no commitment and it says "details of coming product launch", which doesn't necessarily mean "launch date".

I'm not trying to be mean, just realistic for my sake and perhaps other's.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Assuming that the launch is still in 2013, then they can't really push the date much further.

Unless they plan launch it without any more pre-release info and forewarning. Mid-November already and christmas crap is spreading in the shops like a plague.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The launch is 33 days from now. Don't ask me Why. I direct all launch question to jolla.

100% speculations, Do NOT take it as Fact.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-11 at 16:53.

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I think if they give us a date it will make the waiting much worse.
Time would start going slower! It's a well documented phenomenon

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
I just gave you the date. Do you think the Times' goes slower? Time is constant except in blackholes. I Will go super nova if we dont get the date soon. IT would be cool if they had a countdown of some sort. Maybe a preorder countdown. We are...the last one campain

If we got a release date I would have a doner. A beer and a nice chair and rock back and forth all they way to the release date. Like mr calmness himself.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-11 at 17:40.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Do you think the Times' goes slower? Time is constant except in blackholes. I Will go super nova if we dont get the date soon.
Time goes only faster or slower for the observer in relative to something else.

For instance, if a Jolla phone is thrown with a speed close to the speed of light, when it returns the clock on the phone will run behind. Unless offcourse Sailfish compensates this with accurate speed measurements and some special-relativity calculations.

Does Sailfish do this?! Well?! This would be an embarrassing shortcoming!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
A bit of venting from me, but I hope sound quality via 3.5mm jack will be great on Jolla phone.

Haven't had a proper sound quality on a phone since iPhone 4 and N8. I'm a bit anal about my sound quality, but my Lumia 920 and Sony Xperia Z have turned me totally off from listening any music on a phone. Frustrating.
Samsung seems to be the only one that cares with its Exynos SoC on GS4 having Wolfson DAC. Shows how the move to such a monotony and lack of surprise on hardware (every other manufacturer uses same Qualcomm SoCs) has resulted in such a mediocre devices in some aspects with really not all that much a difference between them when you dig deeper. No N91 kind of devices that's hardware was totally out there. At least Samsung is trying.

I would pay a lot for a higher end mobile amp/dac + extra battery on the other half if it will be possible
I always use BT stereo headset Now I cant live without it so I never forget charging it. Because I just hate cables.

Also did have this. Both works really great on N9/N900.

So for me it way more important that BT stack works as good as it works on N9xx.

On my first Android device(and probadly also my last) the BT drivers was broken P-O-S

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-11-11 at 19:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
It's quite funny how this discussion is still (pointlessly) going forward yet no one has mentioned Jolla CEO's tweet stating the launch date will be announced at Slush 2013
Its only november, Chrismas is in december AFAIK...

Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
Exact, because there is no way Jolla can deliver to all in the same time. They probadly are doing the logistic because they don't have big resources to let other doing it.

So there is no point give an exact release date because they can't hold it anyway. cool down people and just hope you will be the first have it before Chrismas...

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Its only november, Chrismas is in december AFAIK...
He was talking about the announcement of the launch date which should be revealed at SLUSH = November 13-14...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to torcida For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by torcida View Post
He was talking about the announcement of the launch date which should be revealed at SLUSH = November 13-14...
Live stream?

Anyone rembember the live stream fRom last year IT was a epic head in front of he CAM. But IT was great With live stream anyway.

Hope they have been a bit more PRO during a year.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-11 at 21:12.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red