Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
If android honeycomb had an app like the MultimediaSuite then I would surely bought one. Do we have any similar apps to that one?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by govprog View Post
If android honeycomb had an app like the MultimediaSuite then I would surely bought one. Do we have any similar apps to that one?
No. It doesn't. It doesn't sound like a Honeycomb tablet is what you want. It appears that you don't realize that's not a small, portable "app" that you'll find on a phone or tablet. You might wish to consider buying a Windows PC to run that type of desktop application, a Macintosh or even a Linux desktop might have something similar--but you don't even see such an "app" on a phone or tablet--not even the Jesus tablets (iPad/iPad2).

The closest thing to that might be BUZZ Player, MoboPlayer and so on--but they don't play DVD's and Blueray. Phones and tablets don't do that as yet.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
No. It doesn't. It doesn't sound like a Honeycomb tablet is what you want. It appears that you don't realize that's not a small, portable "app" that you'll find on a phone or tablet. You might wish to consider buying a Windows PC to run that type of desktop application, a Macintosh or even a Linux desktop might have something similar--but you don't even see such an "app" on a phone or tablet--not even the Jesus tablets (iPad/iPad2).

The closest thing to that might be BUZZ Player, MoboPlayer and so on--but they don't play DVD's and Blueray. Phones and tablets don't do that as yet.
Thanks Dan. But I didn't mean that I want to buy a tablet, my friend has one. I wanted to buy such app for him. Additionally, I didn't mean the Blu-Ray playback itself, But I meant the 2D to 3D conversion, HD content playback, movie and photo sharpener, poor quality photo and video recovery, archiving and speed optimized tanscoding (Yes he needs most of those).
P.S: I'm now paying a visit to your suggestions and will come back soon ^^.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to govprog For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Want to know why Apple devices keep getting so thin it is so that they can eventually serve there proper purpose in the restroom if you catch my drift.
Apple's mantra is less is more.

So the devices keep getting thinner and thinner. I cant wait until they start selling 3D hologram tazo's in the shape of an iPhone and make kajillions... wait wheres the battery... it doesn't need one, it runs off magic!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by govprog View Post
Thanks Dan. But I didn't mean that I want to buy a tablet, my friend has one. I wanted to buy such app for him. Additionally, I didn't mean the Blu-Ray playback itself, But I meant the 2D to 3D conversion, HD content playback, movie and photo sharpener, poor quality photo and video recovery, archiving and speed optimized tanscoding (Yes he needs most of those).
P.S: I'm now paying a visit to your suggestions and will come back soon ^^.
Ahh I see!

2D-to-3D conversion software there are none yet but I wouldn't be surprised if some started to to appear soon (since there's suddenly a BUNCH of lenticular 3D screens on some Android phones and tablets demoed coming from HTC lately).

HD content playback isn't a problem, though--even my nearly one-year-old Samsung Galaxy Tab can do HD playback (even output 720p HD through the HDMI output) and ALL Androids have the ability to stream HD content to DLNA/uPNP compatible TV's and devices (I use my XBOX 360 to watch videos off my Droid and Tab sometimes, on my 1080p monitor).

Movie and photo enhancement software are APLENTY for Honeycomb, but I don't feel that there's any ONE stand-out killer app for that... and most don't do video enhancement of any sort and none of them do transcoding as far as I know... which I agree to be a big shame if tablets are to replace desktop or laptop computers for on-the-go video work or podcasting.

In summary, I'd say it's still early days for Android to replace a more serious desktop/laptop workhorse system like a Linux, Mac or Windows system. This is why I recently purchased an Asus laptop instead of just getting a Honeycomb tablet, when my old laptop desperately needed replacing. No tablet out there yet replaces them--not even Apple's highly regarded iPad2--but I think the Android tablets are CAPABLE of it already. The potential is there, we just need the software. They already have the horsepower (multi-core, high speeds), capacity (gigs of space and the ability to use hard drives) and the ports (USB, HDMI, etc.). Now it's just up to developers to take advantage of it.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Hey guys the 10 inch HTC flyer has been leaked more and will probably be unveiled on September 1st so very soon. I hope the device isn't att exclusive and probably won't be att exclusive. Also 1.5ghz dual core snapdragon I wonder how that would compare to the Omap 4460 in the Nexus Prime and Archos G9?
http://www.netbooknews.com/32582/htc...september-1st/
I'm not personally interested in the device but this probably mean a price drop on the 7 inch flyer. Also for all of you Samsung fans Samsung is most likely going to release another 7 inch galaxy Tab with a 1.2ghz exynos processor as leaked by there product roadmap it will probably run honeycomb 3.2 instead of gingerbread.
http://www.netbooknews.com/32563/new...lay-honeycomb/
Exynos plus 7" screen equals LOVE!

I should see that combo on the next update of Alchemy Game on my android.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Friends,
I have now my full audio library on my Tab. And, I have my legacy N800 connected to a T-amp and two nice speakers (Mosscade 502), mainly for listening to internet radio.

Now, what I want is being able to stream music over wifi *from* my Tab *to* my N800, controlling everything from the Tab (playlist, volume, start/stop etc.). I have been able to use the Tab as a DLNA server, using "Media Streamer" as a frontend on my N800, but in this use case the N800 is in control, for choosing the tunes and controlling playback, and the Tab behaves as a dumb server.

Do you have any hint for me? Thanks in anticipation

EDIT: I installed brisa 0.7 on the NIT and started brisa-media-renderer. The DLNA app of the Tab sees the Brisa Media Renderer, is able to see details for it, but doesn't seem to connect.
I tried other application that are said to do streaming, namely 2player and twonky.
2player doesn't see the brisa renderer.
Twonky sees it, but each time I try to play a tune, it says it doesn't recognize the mime type.
So far with brisa

EDIT2: I've found another app, which sees the NIT Brisa renderer and appears to play music (the app is Softmedia player trial); though, on the other side, the N800, nothing gets played.

EDIT3: Brisa-media-renderer is broken

Last edited by debernardis; 2011-08-13 at 18:21.

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
I've learned of the Odroid tablets through the Capt. and was wondering if any of you have experience with it? They are truly amazing devices. I thought about getting one but will probably wait until the next offering, quad core anyone?

Also, does anyone think Hardkernel would ever make a tablet with a GSM module/phone ?

A large 10" screen dedicated to a simple application like Calculator is just a waste of precious screen-estate, especially if you have to continually do some figures from one source and keep switching.

Android/Honeycomb doesn't address this issue and any fixes are usually via shortcuts which dont really solve the problem.
iPad has the same problem and similar solution, bummer.
Only WebOS and QNX seems to have this done right.

Until Cornerstone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCpEKnUuGXY

google buys motorola for $12.5 billion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jedibeeftrix For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy