Active Topics

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Austria
thanks Ion.....I already try my SIM with others mobile phones too....the SIM is workind fine...all the problem is only with n900

Hec...my SIM is surely new...I have it for 2 weeks...I also thought that puting a little piece of paper between sim card holder and battery it's a great idea...I already didn't try it,but I'm sure I will do it and see what's happend

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Paris, France
Keep us posted, then. I really hope that trick will work for you. My previous N900 had that problem from time to time that a simple rebooot would usually fix (in some cases I had to plug out ad replug the simcard before boot). So it could also be a software bug.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
If your situation will get worse, it should be problem like I had.
When I get SIM failure for first time, I started to discover it's reason. I shaked it, knocked at it and so on.
After that I got sim failure every 5 minutes even if I walk with N900 in the pocket.
It is bad soldering of GSM modem module. After my "repair" everything is fine for a month already.

Try install sysklogd and klogd and look into /var/syslog. Or just look to dmesg output in console. Look for "CMT reset"

The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverYoung For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ United States
I've also been having difficulties with getting my SIM card to be recognized recently (it takes about 5 minutes on each boot up). Maybe Nokia is trying to get us to "upgrade" to their Windows Phone line

Hec...I already tryied wthis trick,but didn't work...whem I shake my phone or send a SMS or connect to internet...doesn't work anymore.

foreverYoung- I don't know how to install these...I searched them in app manager,but I din't found them...can you help me??

andrewF...believe me,if these things are not going to be solved,I don't think i will buy Nokie anymore...I'm so unhappy

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia
Originally Posted by fineas View Post
foreverYoung- I don't know how to install these...I searched them in app manager,but I din't found them...can you help me??
Just type 'dmesg' in the console, it's should be enough for diagnostics.
Do you have striked out sim icon in the status menu when you get error?

The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverYoung For This Useful Post:
Yes,I'm getting this SIM card icon with a red line...I just wrote in console: dmesg. And after that,my SIM wasn't recognized anymore for a few seconds(that's happened twice)...

Nokia N900 deals allow you to choose from various deals available with network providers such as Vodafone, T mobile, 3, Orange and O2. These deals include contract, pay as you go and sim free deals.SIM Card for Finland