Closed Thread
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
Originally Posted by tycho View Post
Did you get your phone direct from Vodafone or from a shop?
Hi My phone is technically unbranded, I got it through a Vodafone "partner" and my sim is Vodafone but it will take any sim.

Like I say the app reported no update but it was actually in the list

I've just tested and my HTTPS download bug seems to be gone. Only tried one file though.

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by DonPIZI View Post
If you pull the plug you kill your device.

I had this problem with the software updater, too. After many mintues the program canceled the process so I had to flash the device with the maemo updater. But it doesn´t run under win7 x64
I use Windows Server 2008 R2 and _ONLY_ problem with NSU is that I have to install it under XP SP3 compatibility mode. Oh yea... W2008R2 only comes in x64 form.

What comes to this new firmware update... it definately has made my N900 feel a lot faster, the application manager seems to perform much better without a day of wait for everything to show up. Also noticed that the menus scroll smoother now.

EDIT: Read wrong... you meant the maemo flasher and not NSU.

Originally Posted by DonPIZI View Post
If you pull the plug you kill your device.

I had this problem with the software updater, too. After many mintues the program canceled the process so I had to flash the device with the maemo updater. But it doesn´t run under win7 x64

http://wiki.maemo.org/Flash
crap im on 64 and i was about to update it on a 32. it hasnt killed yet but hopefully it will soon. with the screen on its heating up so ill have it in front of a fan all night.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by Missingbyte View Post
No update for me OTA via WI-FI in uk unbranded on Voda (extra-devs disabled)
same here - gonna wear the screen out pressing refresh!

The Following User Says Thank You to Blobster2k For This Useful Post:
I could update it by uninstalling all the heavy apps ....update in process but I want to know how to free my roofts not able to do it though.

ya portrait mode is activated by default on browser, only apparent change everything else seems to be under the hood

I'm on Vodafone UK. no update available at this time nor showing in the list after checking for updates.

Last edited by kojacker; 2010-02-16 at 11:48.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ ireland
Originally Posted by troff76 View Post
i am unistalling firefox. it was useless to me...
hope it helps to free some space
Firefox has been a big disappointment

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Makati, Philippines
Originally Posted by crisismt View Post
I also noticed you dont have to use CTRL + SHIFT + O for browser portrait mode support. its working without doing anything now
I think other people might have to activate the browser portrait mode if they haven't done that, but once they do, the browser seems to remember it even after OTA updates (not sure about updating through NSU, though). I, for one, have already activated it last time, and I didn't have to do it again after the update.

Posts: 295 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
no update for me. vodafone uk n900
Same here

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update