Notices

Some time ago I installed a GSM-module into my car that can switch on my disel-heater when I send a command via SMS. The GSM-module returns the status (success/error) via SMS.

Now I would like to have a button on my N900 that sends the SMS-command on press and switch colour/icon according to the reply.
I have some very basic programming skills but unfortunately not enough knowledge to even send a SMS from command line or read the content of a message there. Maybe sql with .rtcom-eventlogger could work here? Or a DBUS command?

Any help is highly appreciated

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
There is a Python script that can be used to send SMS http://wiki.maemo.org/Phone_control#Send_SMS

You need to have pyside-qt4 and pyside-mobility installed in order to use it. You use it from the command line as follows:

Code:
python ssms.py <number> <message>

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Russia

The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverYoung For This Useful Post:
Mmhhhmmm, smssend sounds interesting, especially with flash-SMS in mind ... thanks for the tip!