Notices

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
when I select a part of a photo and then click on done it gives me the following error:
Can't start tesseract, tesseract file missing or not enough permission rights to start it.
source language: both german and english (with respective photos..)

The Following User Says Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
when I select a part of a photo and then click on done it gives me the following error:

source language: both german and english (with respective photos..)
Same here. Anything we can do to help track it down?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
also it seems, that I can't make a photo directly through the program.
but translating a text works perfectly..

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
The tesseract binary isn't runnable. You can find it in home/opt/phototranslator-alpha/tesseract. Then just chmod +x tesseract and it should run.

This should propably be in a postinstall script or something.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to parasight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ GERMANY
both for me, too...
same message and no picture-capturing in the app..
but hey guys, it's an alpha.. i'm excited about the app.. in an stable/working version it will be very useful

Originally Posted by parasight View Post
The tesseract binary isn't runnable. You can find it in home/opt/phototranslator-alpha/tesseract. Then just chmod +x tesseract and it should run.

This should propably be in a postinstall script or something.
Now it works!
amazing!

Just added the execution permissions as mentioned above to /home/opt/phototranslator-alpha/tesseract/ executable, and everything worked fine. It is great having this option. Just read about the removed languages for size in this release, and it is great they plan to offer those optionally. Looking forward to the Japanese pack.

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Lieto, Finland
Tesseract permission right issue has been fixed and you should get an update notification automatically about the new version of PhotoTranslator.

We needed to remove some language support from tesseract in order to make package size smaller. For more details about future plans, check the blog entry:
http://www.cybercomchannel.com/?p=99

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zchydem For This Useful Post:
"is available in extras testing repository" - it is rather in extras-devel repository.
(The blog text also mixes these two.)

The Following User Says Thank You to R.Habrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 41 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Lieto, Finland
Yes, sorry about the that. Change of repositories mixed the facts little bit. The blog should not refer to the wrong repositories anymore.