Active Topics

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ Suffolk
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
One solution is to use the flasher to disable the lifeguard to stop the constant reboots; then connect with ssh and copy a good transitions file.

e.g. some example on how to do some of those steps found with a quick search on the site. http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=15

remember to enable the lifeguard and exit R&D mode when you are done.

Good luck.
Saturn - you are an absolute star my friend!

Your suggestion worked a treat - eg. I used flasher to disable lifeguard and enable R&D mode. That then stopped the constant reboots and allowed me to boot the phone properly, although the desktop/widgets/menus were all over the place and unusable at the point. However, I was able to start Xterm via the power key menu shortcut I had created (or Ctrl/Shift/X) so I could then use Xterm to restore my transitions.ini.
A quick reboot again to check all was back to normal (which it was/is ), and then booted with flasher again to enable lifeguard again and to disable R&D mode. End result - I managed to avoid flashing the phone and the associated issues with doing that.
I'm so glad I had the patience to see if there was a way to pause the reboots to rectify the problem, and so glad there are such knowledgeable and helpful forum members such as yourself Saturn! Many many thanks for your advice.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I have done that too. But the question of what causes the rebootloop still remains..
I noticed the following wierd phenomena:
In the transitions.ini file there are no spaces in the blurrless and blurless_saturation lines, but there are spaces in the other lines in the thp_tweaks section... (after using CSSUfeatures config)
After manually adding spaces in the blurless and blurless_saturation lines my hildon strated crashing. The obvious solution is not add the spaces. But without these spaces, the CSSU feat. configuration cant seem to change the values of blurless and blurless_saturation. It says it saved the new config sucessfully, but after checking them manually, there haven't been made any changes... Has anyone else noticed this too, or can anyone confirm this?

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
For those having FATAL ERROR when starting CSSU Features from PowerKey Menu here's the fix.

The problem is that if you are using a custom transition.ini and rejecting the transitions update that comes with (every) CSSU, some lines are missing in the [thp_tweaks] section.
CSSU misses the new lines that ship with the update and gives FATAL ERROR message...

FIX

Just open your custom transitions.ini in /usr/share/hildon-desktop and or /usr/share/themes/<your theme name> and scroll down to [thp_tweaks]
then add/replace with
Code:
blurless=0
blurless_saturation=0
taskswitcher=0
zaxisrotation=0
forcerotation=0
tactilepopups=0
blacklist=
If there are still problems backup and then delete the transitions.ini in your theme folder and disable "use custom (fast) window transitions" in Theme Customizer then try again.

EDIT: When using transitions.ini from theme folder you need to add the lines to both files (/usr/share/hildon-desktop and /usr/share/theme/<your theme name>) so that both files are having all the new options.

Cheers,

J4ZZ
i couldn't do this solution becouse :
1- i didn't find those 6 lines (tph_tweaks) in my transition.ini located in hildon-desktop
2- there's no transition.ini in my exsting theme

may you upload the ready transition.ini file to overwrite mine ?!

thanks

Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
For those having FATAL ERROR when starting CSSU Features from PowerKey Menu here's the fix.

The problem is that if you are using a custom transition.ini and rejecting the transitions update that comes with (every) CSSU, some lines are missing in the [thp_tweaks] section.
CSSU misses the new lines that ship with the update and gives FATAL ERROR message...

FIX

Just open your custom transitions.ini in /usr/share/hildon-desktop and or /usr/share/themes/<your theme name> and scroll down to [thp_tweaks]
then add/replace with
Code:
blurless=0
blurless_saturation=0
taskswitcher=0
zaxisrotation=0
forcerotation=0
tactilepopups=0
blacklist=
If there are still problems backup and then delete the transitions.ini in your theme folder and disable "use custom (fast) window transitions" in Theme Customizer then try again.

EDIT: When using transitions.ini from theme folder you need to add the lines to both files (/usr/share/hildon-desktop and /usr/share/theme/<your theme name>) so that both files are having all the new options.

Cheers,

J4ZZ

This workrd for me, now CSSU featues opens with no p[roblems.
Only one question, what are these new functions? Desktop scroll and Blurless saturation?
What do they do? I tried these, but nothing happens, also blurless saturation will not save, it says it's saved, but when ask current settings it is disabled again??
Vertacal scrolling stores, but i notice no difference...

thanks in advance

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
dude... I explained how to fix that not saving problem like 2 posts above yours..

Anyhow, the vertical scrolling is for the portrait desktop. It allows you to choose between horizontal and vertical scrolling when in portrait mode.
And blurless saturation is so you can choose between black and white of fullcolor backgrounds in the menu etc.

Last edited by XiliX; 2011-09-09 at 14:03.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by XiliX View Post
I have done that too. But the question of what causes the rebootloop still remains..
I noticed the following wierd phenomena:
In the transitions.ini file there are no spaces in the blurrless and blurless_saturation lines, but there are spaces in the other lines in the thp_tweaks section... (after using CSSUfeatures config)
After manually adding spaces in the blurless and blurless_saturation lines my hildon strated crashing. The obvious solution is not add the spaces. But without these spaces, the CSSU feat. configuration cant seem to change the values of blurless and blurless_saturation. It says it saved the new config sucessfully, but after checking them manually, there haven't been made any changes... Has anyone else noticed this too, or can anyone confirm this?
The reboot loop could not have been caused by the space but rather the edit made in the file. Be careful of what editor you use for such operations.
If some reason the system cannot read this file or cannot extract all data then it causes it to reboot.

That is the reason I don't mess with correcting this file automatically from within the application - I'm sure in many cases it will be still wrong and a reboot loop will be caused. I choose to post a message that the file is not proper and exit.

On your other problem, open the application and on the top menu you will see the option "Restore Defaults"
Choose that menu option and the default transitions.ini (the one that comes with CSSU) will be copied to the system. Then all will start working again.

Read that here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/CSSU_Features_...tions.ini_file

Last edited by Saturn; 2011-09-09 at 15:18. Reason: changed url after some wiki additions

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Izmir - TURKEY
CSSU Features Configuration app works ok after backing up the default transition.ini,

but, for menu feel, I like "dscobsct" custom transition, I do that via Maemodder, after that CSSU Fea. Config app crashes and screen rotation around z axis fails.

Any fix?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by Sin View Post
CSSU Features Configuration app works ok after backing up the default transition.ini,

but, for menu feel, I like "dscobsct" custom transition, I do that via Maemodder, after that CSSU Fea. Config app crashes and screen rotation around z axis fails.

Any fix?
You need to do a diff between the new and the default file and add any missing field manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Izmir - TURKEY
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
You need to do a diff between the new and the default file and add any missing field manually.
I was thinking same thing, now time to get my hands dirty :P

edit, but first I have to figure out my bluetooth problem on M$ 7

edit 2, when I compare the maemodder'd version with original (edited via CSSU Fea. Config.) transitions.ini files, I see that below thp_tweaks lines are gone. Added them back from "edited original", result is same, cssu f.c. fails.

I realised many values are different. Which values should I copy from "edited original" one? I just want the splashing icons look and non-blur background..

Last edited by Sin; 2011-09-09 at 23:56.

Originally Posted by bostaph_vw View Post
i couldn't do this solution becouse :
1- i didn't find those 6 lines (tph_tweaks) in my transition.ini located in hildon-desktop
2- there's no transition.ini in my exsting theme

may you upload the ready transition.ini file to overwrite mine ?!

thanks
If the lines are not in transition.ini, just add them. If you don't have a transition.ini in your theme, just create the transition.ini file with only the above mentioned lines.

Works like a charm for me!