Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The yearly event is back! NOKIA n900 Week 2014!

Next week is the n900 week 2014. I want you to ditch all your new phones as a celebration to the mighty n900 during next week.

From Monday 00.01 Oct 6 2014 to Sunday 11.59 Oct 12 2014 (Nokia headquarter time) .

I want to see all who is having a n900 charge your phone and join in. I want you to spam this thread with everything you find interesting related to n900 and the use of the device. It will be a revival of the n900 during next week.

If you use it as your daily device, even better. Tell us what we can try or what was the last thing you installed. If You don't use it tell us why. If you used it once tell us how it was. If you heard about someone that talked about the n900 tell us who. If you have a great video, image, commercial or other **** with n900 post it. If you planning to buy a n900 transform it to a neo900 tell us why,how,when and why. If you have anything to say about the subject of n900. This is the week to do it and this is the thread. Welcome!

You have 7 days to prepare, find (or buy) and charge your n900 until the n900 week 2014 begins.

Who will join me in this calibration and celebration of n900 ?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-10-11 at 20:27.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
What if I've already been using my n900 since November 2009 as my daily phone?

Edit: Why is this in the Neo900 subforum?

Last edited by jessi3k3; 2014-09-28 at 14:38.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jessi3k3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I use my N900 in host mode to connect using the amazing RTL-SDR $12 software defined radio USB dongle. The dongle and wire antenna fit on my keychain and I can listen to air traffic control while I wait in the FBO for my rental airplane to be prepared.
I am looking forward to ADSB(dump1090) to be compiled so I can watch the radar transponder tracking of nearby aircraft so I can see if friends are in the air.
The N900 is what happens when a major phone corporation orphans a development project and they end up making insanely awesome phones for tech savvy end users rather than building dumbed down money pits to be exploited by phone companies.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jessi3k3 View Post
What if I've already been using my n900 since November 2009 as my daily phone?

Edit: Why is this in the Neo900 subforum?
Then you are more than welcome to perticipate in the n900 week and lead they way for n900 into 2015.

I'm always in a hurry so I simply thought I posted in n900 forum which I didn't do. I take full responsibility for that and Hope some mods can correct my mistake and move to n900 sub forum.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
good initiative, gotta charge now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I love the form factor especialy the buttonless front ....i got 3 of them
well i just got one now and use it for all sorts of things like browsing osm editing, hotspot ,dlna ,automatic troch ,remote music player ,external storage as i got a 64gb sdhc ebooks a bit etc ...and lots more to figure out as i have time
essentialy its working tirelessly as a capable bedside device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
I use my N900 in host mode to connect using the amazing RTL-SDR $12 software defined radio USB dongle. The dongle and wire antenna fit on my keychain and I can listen to air traffic control while I wait in the FBO for my rental airplane to be prepared.
I am looking forward to ADSB(dump1090) to be compiled so I can watch the radar transponder tracking of nearby aircraft so I can see if friends are in the air.
The N900 is what happens when a major phone corporation orphans a development project and they end up making insanely awesome phones for tech savvy end users rather than building dumbed down money pits to be exploited by phone companies.
Coolers. The flying n900 Would it be possible to see a photo of the setup during next week?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Still use it as my main phone. It's the only phone that has the tramps treasure. Nothing else excites me yet

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to king Ralphred For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by king Ralphred View Post
Still use it as my main phone. It's the only phone that has the tramps treasure. Nothing else excites me yet
+1

10 chars

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Hi

I have been using my N900 since day one and i stil use it everyday mostly because of the build in FM transmitter ( and some other cool stuff).. I enjoy the usage of my n900 very much and every time i pull it out people tend to ask questions about it...

What is is it ? what does it do ? can you call people with it i think you guys know what i'm talking about (at least i hope lol).. We came along way with the N900 and i'm happy to be apart of this community...

I code HTML/CSS/Javascript and getting the n900 and reading and learning about it on this forum definitely boost my knowledge and coding skills.. I also own a N9 and a Jolla.. But the N900 is where it started so thanks Dave for starting this EPIC thread...

Kind Regards J Neutron

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jimmy neutron For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo 5, nokia n900, supertroopers!