Originally Posted by Gorilla72 View Post
Well, I wanted to sell the phone to make a few bucks, since i got it for free. But I have not even received it yet, so very easy to take the unopened box to a T-Mobile store and just say, give me that cheap crappy texting phone instead, and switch me to the cheap internet as well. Then go home and pop the sim in my N900? Right, Hu Hu? High Fives? Anyone?

But then I would need to do some 'tweakin' as I have seen in this board, in order to get the internet to work correctly on the N900, right?
then there's that.

some people seem to have had to set up their N900 for T-Mo 3G. I did not. In fact, I was completely taken aback when I looked down and saw it download so fast.

the sim you get from T-Mo should already have the settings on it, and the N9c should detect them au-to-magically.

if not - settings>internet connections>connections>T Mobile internet :edit>access point name: "internet2.voicestream.com"

if you don't see "T-Mobile Internet" one of the connections, select "new".

Or you could call T-Mo cust serv and have them send the settings to your phone. It seems like there used to be a way to do that from the website, but I can't remember.

confusing yet?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ California
Originally Posted by cWj View Post

if not - settings>internet connections>connections>T Mobile internet :edit>access point name: "internet2.voicestream.com"
I was under the impression that for newer devices (2008-present), the apn was changed to: epc.tmobile.com. Yes, you can use both but the latter setting is for newer devices.
Flash Memory: ADATA 32GB SDHC CL10-RA1
Overclocked to 1GHz [Titan's Kernel]
-----------------------------------
Other Device: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1653766084.png

Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by scribbles View Post
I was under the impression that for newer devices (2008-present), the apn was changed to: epc.tmobile.com. Yes, you can use both but the latter setting is for newer devices.
epc APN won't work with the 10$ data plan, you'll have to change the APN to internet2.voicestream.com

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
works fine on my grandfathered 5.99 t-zones for an htc touch pro 2, n900, & e71 that are currently on my account.

(shakes bitter, jealous fist @ t-zones price)

I decided to add t-zones back a WEEK after they raised the price.

boo.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Well, I wanted to sell the phone to make a few bucks, since i got it for free. But I have not even received it yet, so very easy to take the unopened box to a T-Mobile store and just say, give me that cheap crappy texting phone instead, and switch me to the cheap internet as well. Then go home and pop the sim in my N900? Right, Hu Hu? High Fives? Anyone?

But then I would need to do some 'tweakin' as I have seen in this board, in order to get the internet to work correctly on the N900, right?
No. If the phone was mailed to you, you'll have to mail it back. You might be lucky enough to find a store that will mail it back on your behalf, but not likely.

Well, I wanted to sell the phone to make a few bucks, since i got it for free.
Most likely you got it subsidized by your contracted service plan. T-Mobile actually makes that much more clear up front than most providers do: if you bring your own phone, you can sign up for the "Even More Plus" plans which cost less per month and have no long-term contract, but if you want a subsidized phone you need the "Even More" plans which cost more per month and require a 2-year contract.

So, that "free" phone costs you $10-$20 extra per month, for 2 years.

update:

a few weeks ago, t-mo blocked my t-zones access.

"Device not compatible with rate plan"

i thing i'd only used 132mbs for month to that point, but I also got bored/greedy and streamed a few episodes of Code Monkeys...

tread as thou wilt, but consider doing so lightly.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Long Beach
shibby! worried that i was going to get stuck with an "internetless/g3" n900.

Last edited by sanchdaniel; 2011-03-18 at 22:36.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
hmmm.

just got a 5800 for my kid, added a line to my plan, it includes the t-zones free, but epc/internet2 dont work to give her access.

anyone crack this on the 5800 yet?