Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Broke for the second time!!!! This is really pissing me off

I'm going to get it repaired for the last time. After that I have no choise but to abandon the greatest phone..

Last edited by Tiptronic; 2011-10-30 at 12:01.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Tiptronic View Post
Broke for the second time!!!! This is really pissing me off

I'm going to get it repaired for the last time. After that I have no choise but to abandon the greatest phone..
Just now, and you of course did not consider solder down?

Anybody else still not considering soldering down?

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
The port is not loose, the tiny connector in the middle is broken.

I have broken my N900 USB for two times already during 2 years using, and now it's the third time going bad.

It charges without any problem from the regular charger, but when I connect it to PC, it will charge and work in mass storage only in certain angels (I put a book on a cable, where it connects to device), other way PC founds device but pops the message saying that device is not recognized, N900 also feels the usb but message pops up "not charging inefficient power".

Warranty has expired. Have to go to private work shop to get it fixed.

Soo fed up

Why not soldered it *before* it went damaged?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Just got my new nokia phone back as my n900 usb port come out. They have sent me a brand new boxed with everything Nokia E7. I do really want my n900 tbh, but looking on ebay, the e7 is worth a fair bit more so i think it will be up for sale.

just happened to me for 2nd time this morning. happened last year in october. And again just now without warning. just came out with charging wire. need to go check on warranty.Don't want an e7 or whatever shity replacement will be. nothing else can replace my n900 which is why I haven't upgraded to anything else. Just hope it's still in warranty. can anyone post a link to soldering it back on just in case. I have done a quick search but can't find it at the moment.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by kyllerbuzcut View Post
just happened to me for 2nd time this morning. happened last year in october. And again just now without warning. just came out with charging wire. need to go check on warranty.Don't want an e7 or whatever shity replacement will be. nothing else can replace my n900 which is why I haven't upgraded to anything else. Just hope it's still in warranty. can anyone post a link to soldering it back on just in case. I have done a quick search but can't find it at the moment.
See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=75920 for a collection of fixes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I have sent mine 2 weeks ago to the repair via "Media Markt" and got so far no life sign :/

looks like nokia are saying it is under warranty in the online checker.when I sent it away last year it was back within a week. Think I will take that option and hope they give me an n900 back. If anything else arrives then I can always sell it. Think I will do the 'pre-emptive' fix if I get another one. The really hard bit now is getting all the pictures etc copied across to the pc now. backup menu will be a real life saver, as will my wifes old nokia e65 in which I can wedge the battery in, using a rubber band and get some charge back on it

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty