Notices

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by pcekper View Post
The idea is to package it in a proper .deb, and follow the policy to place the binaries (in /opt/ I think, or wherever).

I used the official sources from:
http://gngeo.berlios.de/?page=download

Hacked them to make them compile, disable stuff related to opengl, etc, quite a while ago.

Also used the sources for the OS2008 package as a reference.

Feel free to start and do it yourself, at the moment I do not know when I will find the time for this.

Regards
I just found out you are also the compiler of the gngeo binaries I use (from the gzip file). Sorry for not noticing before. I think you can do a way better job regarding making a good gngeo port for the N900 then I can.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
@all. With me, the emulator is working fine fullscreen,( Sorry I haven't uploaded a video yet, (my N95 is broken, need to get or borrow a cam for that) we just can't change volume sound, before start roms, check the volumen meter first and set it as you wish and finally I fixed my problem with keys remapping, I just unchecked 'enable joystick support' on XGngeo App, sometimes also when we minimize, then return to app, it gets seg fault aswell. Another interesting feature that is working flawless is memory card, it saves records of games (pontuation) and levels.
An idea for a possibly new version, 'pause emulation' feature would be good, so we don't have to start all again. Thank you.

PS. Still couldn't install the app gngeo gui but am living with xgngeo and xterm comands, will try searching for the qtcore etc stuff after.

I now have created a debian package of gngeo itself (compiled by pcekper). For those who are interested: it can be downloaded from the same page as gngeo-gui.

can`t install the gui. seems to be missing dependencies. tried through xterm too with the commands in the first page and it still won´t install.

dpkg: error processing gngeo-gui_0.0.1-1_armel.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
gngeo-gui_0.0.1-1_armel.deb

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Acidspunk, the same here with me, but you can install XGngeo on App Man.

Originally Posted by Acidspunk View Post
can`t install the gui. seems to be missing dependencies. tried through xterm too with the commands in the first page and it still won´t install.

pkg: error processing gngeo-gui_0.0.1-1_armel.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
gngeo-gui_0.0.1-1_armel.deb
Acidspunk,

This does not look like any issue regarding the package, but simply an issue of not executing the command in the right directory. Dpkg is just saying it cannot find gngeo-gui_0.0.1-1_armel.deb.
So make sure you are in the same directory where gngeo-gui_0.0.1-1_armel.deb is placed (via "cd") and then executed the command again. Please let me know if it helped, and if not, upload the exact commands you gave and the errors you encounter.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
This is pretty great!

I am having a problem in re-mapping my keys. Love that the GUI allows me to re-map without having to vi a conf file, but could we get a key mapping method that doesn't require that I know the numerical values of the keys?

Other emulators that offer GUI key remaps usually detect the key that you press when prompted, could we get that?

im getting an error:

cannot write /home/user/.gngeo/gngeorc.old

when trying to save settings, any help appreciated cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to Kevstacey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by Kevstacey View Post
im getting an error:

cannot write /home/user/.gngeo/gngeorc.old

when trying to save settings, any help appreciated cheers
In the xterm type:

cd /home/user/.gngeo

Then type:

ls -al | grep gngeorc

Look for the gngeorc.old file. See if it's owned by user or root. If it's owned by root, become root with the sudo gainroot command, cd back to the .gngeo directory, and type:

chown user gngeorc.old

and for good measure, type:

chmod 755 gngeorc.old

In the off chance that your entire .gngeo directory is owned by root (can happen if you run gngeo for the first time as root), just delete the directory and re-start gngeo-gui by tapping on the icon. You'll have to punch all of your settings back in, but your permissions will be fixed.

The Following User Says Thank You to cddiede For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
In the xterm type:

cd /home/user/.gngeo

Then type:

ls -al | grep gngeorc

Look for the gngeorc.old file. See if it's owned by user or root. If it's owned by root, become root with the sudo gainroot command, cd back to the .gngeo directory, and type:

chown user gngeorc.old

and for good measure, type:

chmod 755 gngeorc.old

In the off chance that your entire .gngeo directory is owned by root (can happen if you run gngeo for the first time as root), just delete the directory and re-start gngeo-gui by tapping on the icon. You'll have to punch all of your settings back in, but your permissions will be fixed.
This could be it. But its more likely that the map content of /home/user/.gngeo is only for root to modify, so no ".old" backup file can be created. Just to be sure:
sudo gainroot
chown -R user:users /home/user/.gngeo/

It's not an issue of gngeo-gui, but the way gngeo itself is copied. Way too many people use root by default.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: