Active Topics

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
the best answer is another N900 bt if you still want an option then..

HERE YOU GO... Fujitsu-F-07C

Hardware:
- Full qwerty Keyboard
- Camera
- 3.5 mm Headphone socket

Software / OS:
its full "Windows 7 Home Premium"

It's the world's smallest PC that fits into the palm of your hand, and it runs Windows 7. Not Windows Phone 7, but the actual 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium (with SP1)
with a 4-inch SVGA touchscreen (1024 x 600), a 5.1MP camera, a 1.2 GHz Intel Atom Z600 CPU, 1 GB of LPDDR400 memory, a 32 GB SSD and IEEE802.11b/g/n connectivity with speeds up to 65 Mbps. There's also a USB port for connecting a keyboard or mouse, and an HDMI output jack for connecting to an HDTV. There's even a slide-out QWERTY keyboard for typing on-the-go

P.s. - i guess since its x86 it can handle any Os supported by a regular Pc including Fedora,debian & Ubuntu
It doesn't have GPS!!!!!

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
The glide looks like the best option out there, but the N900 is something else. It's irreplaceable.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Turin, Italy
Haha Fujitsu? it does look interesting but did you look at battery specs? it says 2 hours on windows 7 so that's like 1 or 1 and a half

But does it run Crysis?

OK, seriously, I also have a HTC Desire Z or G2 and its a very good phone with a very good CPU and GPU. HTC camera will never touch the N900 quality, but it records 720 movies very well. Its keyboard is better than the N900. With a Gorilla glass screen and a thin profile, I would throw this baby against any Iphone and win. I even installed a Debian image, and it worked.

The Bluetooth module has a working FM receiver and according to the BT chip specs, its capable of FM transmitting. It has the same WIFI module as the N900, so packet injection could be possiblle too.

My G2 is rooted, superromed with the latest 3.5 Sense, and battery life is a lot longer than N900.

BUT>>> its Android....not that i dont like Android, its just that maemo is maemo, and i love tinkering,lol

Please port Maemo to this phone....

I was looking at getting the HTC Desire Z but looks like nobody does a contract for them anymore... I think the Next-Gen of that is the HTC Merge and no networks do a contract for that either!

I went into the phone shops and they say there is a gap in the market: qwerty keyboard androids...
So I reckon I will have to make do with my broken N900 untill they announce a new qwerty HTC or something.
The plus side is a new one will have Ice Cream Sandwich on it hopefully. Who knows how long we will have to wait though...

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
i think you'd be hard pressed to find something like the n900... i tried the xperia x12 for a while, but because i'm old fashioned, the virtual keyboard needed to get off my lawn. other than that, for people needing screen protectors pdair is where i got my protector and case.. both have been holding up great, and my screen is in excellent condition. i've been cursing iPhone for years, but unless there's something else the dark side might get me.

Last edited by PAFaieta; 2011-11-08 at 20:25.

Decided to go with HTC Sensation since it seems to be confirmed to have Ice Cream Sandwich. It doesn't have a keyboard but the screen is quite big so I hope that will help with the touch typing.
It's meant to be a pretty fast too. Good idea?

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
SO the Samsung Galaxy Glide with keyboard is now out.

http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/m...il&tab=feature

I tPersonnally think it is the best replacement for the N900 as The N9 no keyboard no 1080p etc. After 4 months with galaxy S2 I can say there is no community like this one but I think Nokia is going to loose many customer by not upgrading wath people want. The N900 was my best phone ever but the evolution is going to be something else than windows phone...

Pro
Keyboard
1080p
8mp photo

Con
Only 1ghz speed
super amoled not plus
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to JD2010 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
More cons: Only android 2.3 and only 8Gb of internal storage - although this is expandable to 32Gb.
I would only be interested if it was getting ICS.

Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gregoranderson View Post
Ach. One can dream. Just a shame all those companies producing cheaper tablets are not confirming to GPL ; otherwise we'd be drowing in kit to port to.
True!
I just ordered two replacement N900. If they turn out to be as durable as my two Siemens S45i I won't need another phone for the next 15 years.
By then we'll either see the first truly open LCARS phone or we'll all be assimilated into the shiny app market hive mind where all individual distinctiveness will be irrelevant.
...and my eyes will be too bad to read a 3.5" screen anyway.