Posts: 509 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Mexico/Germany
without devel-su

that was my error. Made editing Maps.conf and Drive.ini as normal user. devel-su or ssh root@ip doesnt pemit to edit this file in user directory

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ BULGARIA
read the whole theme above and you'll understand! in 3,4 page i have explained it in detail!

Posts: 128 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Hungary
i can now add Google account again, lol.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViBE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ bulgaria
milev86 find me, my skype is bizzart_88 i am from bulgaria too

hi, i've been trying to log into chat by jabber, but after i set up the account it had gone online, but after a few seconds it went offline, also no contacts were donwloaded
another jaaber account (i tried Gadu Gadu) works properly
any idea?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2015 @ São Paulo, Brazil
For those unable to connect in facebook messenger, try this:

- Disconnect from internet and go to Accounts > Jabber/XMPP > In the Account JID field add your-facebook-id@chat.facebook.com

- In the Password field add your Facebook password

- Sign in

- After this in Connection server field add chat.facebook.com then save it and connect to internet. Works for me

The Following User Says Thank You to MegaVolnutt For This Useful Post:
I've found solution why properly configured jabber is not connecting to facebook. To do this, your facebook chat has to be active, it can't be turned off, then you can normally connect by jabber

I tried setting up gmail using the workaround provided in the first post, but it won't log in (it repeatedly keeps asking for the password). When I log in on my pc, there's a message from google saying "sign-in attempt prevented" and that I've tried to login with an "app that doesn't meet modern security standards."

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so what's the solution? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Janitor X View Post
I tried setting up gmail using the workaround provided in the first post, but it won't log in (it repeatedly keeps asking for the password). When I log in on my pc, there's a message from google saying "sign-in attempt prevented" and that I've tried to login with an "app that doesn't meet modern security standards."

Has anyone else encountered this, and if so what's the solution? Thanks in advance.
I believe you need to login to Gmail via a PC, and change the setting that permits connections with only the latest (read: Google's Android) encryption standards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kazzie For This Useful Post:
Actually, its not 'Android' security standards.
It Google, MS and others, that now uses best practises from NIST, fx use of SSL/TLSv1.0, which are insecure.