Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
The bug with jumping cursor? Give me some steps to reproduce and I'll check this on my N950.
Also there's a nice photo on rzr page showing N950 with PR 1.3 .
Try to reply to this message. Start typing but stop before the line wraps. Move the cursor by touching the screen to the middle of the sentence. Press down to go to the end of the sentence to continue writing. Start typing. The cursor jumps to the middle of the sentence, where you touched before.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Try to reply to this message. Start typing but stop before the line wraps. Move the cursor by touching the screen to the middle of the sentence. Press down to go to the end of the sentence to continue writing. Start typing. The cursor jumps to the middle of the sentence, where you touched before.
Works for me. But I‘m also using libmeegotouch from master .

The Following User Says Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
The n900 did this too. In fact I suspect this is an issue with the t.m.org javascript rich textarea code, more than with the phones.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
The N900 never did this to me. It also does it in other websites, and twitter app.

@arcean, care to give a hint how to do that (libmeegotouch from master)
is there a repo, .deb, or do I have to build?

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 1,260 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland
@arcean, care to give a hint how to do that (libmeegotouch from master)
is there a repo, .deb, or do I have to build?
There's a repo @ gitorious: http://meego.gitorious.net/meegotouc...commits/master
Please keep in mind that I'm using this in parallel with PR 1.3.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arcean For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
The N900 never did this to me. It also does it in other websites, and twitter app.
Hmm odd. I just had the cursor jump on chrome on an x86 based ubuntu system on this richtext box. These sites could well share the same JS common libraries but also this could indeed be a bug in the JS rendering, but I've never seen this jumping around in a native text box on the phone, only via the browser.

There's really no reason the packages can't be upgraded to the ones from the N9. Even if no OCF bin is released, it should be trivial to OTA an N9, (or extract from N9 OCF) pull the binary packages out of ~archives and re-write the control files to ensure no versioning dependencies happen.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
argh...! So after upgrading from beta pr1.2 to pr 1.3, it gives me that annoying warning message everytime i boot the device, like it's on openmode (since pr1.3 has a different kernel, it thinks that I have an openkernel...)

Can't we make a pr1.3 kernel for n950 users? or is the official n9 pr1.3 kernel suitable for the n950 aswell?

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
maybbe more people will sell the n950s, meaning someone like me can attempt to buy them lol
THIS.

would give my left nut for one of those

Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
argh...! So after upgrading from beta pr1.2 to pr 1.3, it gives me that annoying warning message everytime i boot the device, like it's on openmode (since pr1.3 has a different kernel, it thinks that I have an openkernel...)
How did you upgrade your N950?

Using the N9 repos?