Here are the commands for switching between headphones/speakers with headphones plugged in. Easy to put into shell script/s...

dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_hp_ls_controller /com/nokia/osso_hp_ls_controller com.nokia.osso_hp_ls_controller.loudspeaker.force_ loudspeaker_on

dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_hp_ls_controller /com/nokia/osso_hp_ls_controller com.nokia.osso_hp_ls_controller.loudspeaker.force_ loudspeaker_off

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to muki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Thanks a lot.

BTW, I really like the E71's feature (probably in other phones too) that when rings (alarm or phonecall) it rings to both..

Thanks! This is great. I was thinking of messing with the sound module to achieve something similar. Except, I want the built-in mic on the N810 to work when headphones are plugged in. Any idea how I could do that?
Also, it's unfortunate that skype doesn't ring through the loudspeaker when headphones are plugged in

jpt, I got the info from watching dbus messages using dbus-monitor. Try it and see what msgs occur when you plug in the headphones.