Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Not sure if this was discussed already but when I tried to click on a "thumbs up" for an announcement without being logged, I am redirected to this:

https://maemo.org/?net_nemein_favour...977fc1f131f13/

And it's an empty page.

Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by free View Post
Not sure if this was discussed already but when I tried to click on a "thumbs up" for an announcement without being logged, I am redirected to this:

https://maemo.org/?net_nemein_favour...977fc1f131f13/

And it's an empty page.
It's a known bug. Thanks!

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Where's the "first unread" link?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
I can't find the "my memory is running low, I have forgotten my password, please send it back to the email".
At least I remember my email..

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Will all the various components of maemo.org eventually allow for a one size fits all registration and then maybe allow existing users to merge registrations?

Back in the day, the most frustrating thing I encountered after finding out that a bug would not allow my new $400 N800 to tether to my cell phone carrier was the simple act of reporting that bug and following through.

After registering with ITT and first learning of this thing called "Bugzilla" that could be found at Maemo.org, then registering there and learning that more info was available @ Maemo Garage, then registering there and being directed to "Bugzilla" where I was prompted for yet another registration... I almost "fixed" all my issues by tossing the tablet against the dang wall and walking away.

Between all the registration prompts and the "Invalid Security Certificate" pop ups from some of those sites it was a good 6 months before I finally got to report the bug and another 6 months before it was addressed.

Can new user interaction be tested with dummy "new user" accounts to see if those idiosyncrasies still exist?

The Following User Says Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Will all the various components of maemo.org eventually allow for a one size fits all registration and then maybe allow existing users to merge registrations?
SSO is planned, merging registrations is more complicated. As simple as it sounds, it is in fact an incredibly complicated thing to implement. You're more than welcome to help out, though.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
SSO is planned, merging registrations is more complicated. As simple as it sounds, it is in fact an incredibly complicated thing to implement. You're more than welcome to help out, though.
No kidding.

Perhaps the first thing might be to allow the same credentials to be used by new registrants. As I recall during my experience I could not register with the same name at one of the component sites because there was already a user by that name listed.

I don't know for certain but I believe that the other user was actually me from my previous registration at another component site. Both sites may have referenced the same DB and yet that other sites credentials could not be used at the new site because I was not in the new sites users file...

(I hope that makes sense.)

In any event sometimes these "Catch 22" scenarios can not be realized until the processes are "wet run" with dummy credentials.

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-04-30 at 01:52. Reason: rhetoric