Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by alphazero1 View Post
Was surfing on the net....saw some picture of PR1.2 from one of Chinese web site, look intresting....look like we be getting little more function in Picture and Video Capture for sure.

Looks pretty real to me.

Here is the linkhttp://nokia.tgbus.com/article/news/...07185242.shtml
This should be a thread because I bet everyone is interested.

(original thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=28 )

Edit: don't thank me, thank to the original poster

The Following User Says Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego
I wonder if anybody will be interested in N900 anymore, after the Iphone news that states iPhone 4.0 is coming with multitasking.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Originally Posted by hcancelik View Post
I wonder if anybody will be interested in N900 anymore, after the Iphone news that states iPhone 4.0 is coming with multitasking.
If you read how the iPhone's so called multitasking works, you wouldn't worry, because you would know it's lame.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester, England
Multi Tasking is only one of many reasons I chose the N900 over the iPhone... I could list them all but I'm sure most people here are aware of the benefits of the N900 over the iPhone. The biggy for me is i'm not Apples B*tch!

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Livinmalife For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
You still can't run apps in the background. It's still running one app at a time, just saving the state of your last apps to the disc and reloading them to when re-opened.

I for one am interested in the n900 because of the freedom and the open source, so iPhone 4 could come with teddybears and lemonade (or whatever) and I wouldn't be interested. I'm only in it for the Freedom.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mannakiosk For This Useful Post:
if you guys wanna know what it's saying use google translate

http://translate.google.com/translat...&sl=auto&tl=en

edit: yes!! rootf is more optified!!! more rootfs

Last edited by vietn900; 2010-04-08 at 17:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to vietn900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ioan View Post
You still can't run apps in the background. It's still running one app at a time, just saving the state of your last apps to the disc and reloading them to when re-opened.
Really? Thats not multi tasking. I am not sure what that is - but it sure as **** isnt multi tasking.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego
Originally Posted by Livinmalife View Post
Multi Tasking is only one of many reasons I chose the N900 over the iPhone... I could list them all but I'm sure most people here are aware of the benefits of the N900 over the iPhone. The biggy for me is i'm not Apples B*tch!
Would you tell us those many reason? I'm really curios about them.

If I'm not wrong, their multitasking only works for 7 specific service.

The iPhone OS4 version is very much like Symbian multi-tasking, hold the MENU button then you can see the list of app. For Symbian, the built in music player is part of the service, calls, sms, all these are running in background, not sure about other service,

It's nothing like the N900 multi-tasking, which is true multitasking and you can see those web page loading, games running, videos playing, etc.