Notices

Thanks for looking into the issue, Slocan.
There is a comment here about some QT bugs introduced with CSSU: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...891#post999891
Nothing QML specific, but could it be related?

Last edited by thegman; 2011-05-16 at 13:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to thegman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
I tried one of the workarounds mentioned about this Qt issue (i think i saw it on mwkn), but it didn't help. It's probably related in some ways, but not the exact same thing...

Hi Slocan,

With the latest version of CSSU (20.2010.36-2maemo15; released in the last 24h), Lujika works splendidly again.
Thanks for all the great work!

Out of interest, are you still working on the app? Would you consider feature requests? A colour inverted mode would be nice; akin to the night mode on the website itself (I guess I can directly edit the qml files?)

The Following User Says Thank You to thegman For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the update, thegman. I'm glad it works again.

Due to life catching up, I'm very limited in the time I can spend on it, but it's still an ongoing project, albeit in a very very slow evolution mode at the moment... If you'd like hack a few things on it, the source is available here: https://projects.forum.nokia.com/lukija/browser
You can also just edit the QML files directly on the device. Feel free to send me your improvements!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
So I just discovered Lukija (or rediscovered apparently since I posted in this thread last year when I was on an N800 only). Really like the app, but one thing I can't figure out is how to delete items from my list after reading? I've deleted some things from the Read It Later page (now Pocket) and they delete there, but still show up in Lukija on the N900 after a sync and I don't see a way to delete them directly from the N900 either. There is a check mark icon in the toolbar when reading an article, but it doesn't seem to register when I click on it. Am I just destined to have an ever expanding reading list in the app, or am I missing something obvious?

Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
Am I just destined to have an ever expanding reading list in the app, or am I missing something obvious?
I am afraid so. It doesn't look like I built any expiry mechanism in the app.

Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
I am afraid so. It doesn't look like I built any expiry mechanism in the app.
Thanks for the confirmation. So would the occasional uninstall and reinstall be the way to clear the history when the list gets too long and unmanageable?

The Following User Says Thank You to dylanemcgregor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by dylanemcgregor View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. So would the occasional uninstall and reinstall be the way to clear the history when the list gets too long and unmanageable?
I have no experience with Lukija, but it needs to store the content somewhere. Finding where it is stored & deleting it might do the trick too.

Where to look ? The obvious choice would be its profile folder (if it has one) in /home/user/.lukija or somewhere on MyDocs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Yeah, like MartinK mentions, the easiest would be to delete the database. It uses the Qml Offline Storage, which I believe is in:
/home/user/.local/share/data/QML/OfflineStorage/Databases/
Look at the .ini files to find the one with "Name=Lukija" in it, and delete the corresponding .sqlite file (making backups is always a good idea when doing this type of things).

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Thank you both for this information. I had done some searching for Lukija system folders, but hadn't been able to find anything. Thanks to Slocan's post I've been able to get to the OfflineStorage/databases and I have 4 files in here (2 .ini fles and 2 corresponding sqlite files). Please excuse my ignorance, but I'm not sure how to check for an ini file with "name=Lukija" in it. I'm using Filebox to navigate, and the .ini files seem to be just a random string of characters. One of the sqlite files was modified on Friday (the other one not since last month) so my guess would be that would be the file I would want to delete, but was hoping to understand what was meant by the "name=Lukija" first.